Beering Scholarship

<p>Does anyone know anything about this? The website only says "by invitation only." Does that invitation come with your acceptance letter or later?</p>

<p>Thanks.</p>

<p><a href="http://www.purdue.edu/Admissions/Undergrad/costs/university_wide.shtml%5B/url%5D"&gt;http://www.purdue.edu/Admissions/Undergrad/costs/university_wide.shtml&lt;/a&gt;&lt;/p>

<p>"Each year, the top 80-100 high school seniors who have been admitted to Purdue by the first week in December may be invited to apply for Beering Scholarships. From those who respond, two to ten are selected as Beering Scholars. "</p>

<p>I checked into this two years about for my D. If I remember correctly, the top 80-100 students is based on SAT score, the cutoff was around 1550 that year.</p>

<p>The letter comes separately in late December.</p>

<p>If the SAT cutoff is around 1550, does anyone know what the ACT cutoff is?</p>

<p>35 for the ACT</p>

<p>No, it's not 35 for ACT. I got an application for the Beering and I got a 34.</p>

<p>More than one awarded....sometimes up to 8 and Internationals are included. Female friend of mine attending this year on one. She is quite happy with the program.</p>

<p>one of my friends got an invitation and she got 35 on her ACT</p>

<p>Does anyone know if you have to do an interview for this, or do you just complete the app and they select the winners based off of that?</p>

<p>As workingforblue noted back in October, the [url=<a href="http://www.purdue.edu/Admissions/Undergrad/costs/university_wide.shtml%5Dwebsite%5B/url"&gt;www.purdue.edu/Admissions/Undergrad/costs/university_wide.shtml]website[/url&lt;/a&gt;] says only:
[quote]
Each year, the top 80-100 high school seniors who have been admitted to Purdue by the first week in December may be invited to apply for Beering Scholarships. From those who respond, two to ten are selected as Beering Scholars.

[/quote]
So it sounds as if, once invited, submitting the scholarship application is the only further requirement.</p>

<p>Okay, thanks. I was just wondering because I know a lot of colleges require personal interviews for scholarships like that, which I would rather not do if I could avoid it. I'm not an overly social person, I guess.</p>

<p>i got my trustees scholarship letter today but no beering application with it...i have a 35 act and a 2220 SAT, so im right on the cutoff..anyone know if the beering app is supposed to come with the other scholarship stuff, or does it come later on?</p>

<p>Here is the information

[quote]
Beering Scholarship</p>

<p>Value: Full-ride scholarship that covers one bachelor’s degree, one master’s degree or MBA, and a PhD or medical degree (from Indiana University Medical School); average room and board costs; travel; one study abroad; books; and a small stipend
Criteria: ** Select students are invited to apply. ** Students must demonstrate outstanding academic performance and personal achievement and must have submitted an admission application (and all required application material) by November 15.

[/quote]
</p>

<p>yeah i just wasn't sure when they notify you that you have been selected to apply. has anyone already been notified?</p>

<p>I've been notified through email. I'm really surprised because my SAT wasn't as high as I thought it should be (1530 M + CR as opposed to 1550+).</p>

<p>^^^^^When were you notified?</p>

<p>I was notified today by email. I was accepted on Dec. 5 and also received my trustee's scholarship notification by postal mail today.</p>

<p>I was notified today, but the funny thing is I haven't gotten the Trustee notification yet...</p>

<p>Congrats Modulation and People,</p>

<p>Please tell more about the Beering Scholarship, for example, what do you have to do to get it now. Is it an interview, and if so, when is that? Are there essays/recommendations involved? Son was also accepted Dec. 5, but has received nothing about either scholarship, but stats would indicate both.</p>

<p>Beering is a full ride with tuition, board, travel, study abroad, etc all paid for and can be extended into graduate studies. Admitted applicants are invited to apply for it if they meet certain qualifications. Once the applications are reviewed, finalists are chosen and invited to Purdue in March for an interview. After the interviews, winners are announced.</p>