Being reinstated at a UC

<p>What would my chances of being reinstated at UCSB be if I appealed their decision to withdraw my admissions for the Fall 2011 Quarter?
Anyone who has been rescinded, appealed, reinstated, knows someone in similar cases, or anything like that?</p>

<p>After discovering that UCSB decided to take back their offer of admissions to me I was devastated. I talked to my high school counselor about other options and she noticed the “D” grade I had received in one of my A-G required courses was an error on my teacher’s part. It was changed to the C I was intended to receive, raising my GPA to a 3.7-3.8. I called admissions asking about my status and they told me I was rescinded for not meeting course requirements- referring to the failure of the A-G course. After explaining the situation of the grade error and that I am not on par with all the grade/ course requirements, she explained that I could appeal but my reinstatement will be considered but not guaranteed… I plan on appealing this decision, but was hoping to get some advice on this process. </p>

<p>My new transcript for my senior year looks like this</p>

<p>1st Semester/ 2nd Semester
Economics for Business: A/A+
Leadership: A/ B+
AP Art History: B-/ C (this was the class that I mistakenly received a D in, and was later changed to a C)
Physiology: B/ B-
AP Statistics: C+/ C
AP Eng Lit: A-/ B
American Gov’t/ AP Marcroecon: A-/ A-</p>

<p>In addition to my extensive list of extra-curriculars and a part-time job, I would say these are decent grades? In my letter, I had explained a family illness which caused a drop in my 2nd term and yet was still rescinded. </p>

<p>Thanks!</p>

<p>An incorrect grade seems like a great reason to reverse a rescinded admission. If that is their only reason it seems like it should be reversed. Good luck!</p>

<p>capenn15:
I had initially accepted the D grade as being correct in the beginning because my teacher had never replied to my messages about the grade being an error. Only when my hs counselor took action did he finally reply and say it was a problem. Also, the UCSB admissions committee had told me my admissions offer was withdrawn because of “low senior year grades”. What would your opinion be on this…</p>

<p>Definitely appeal! If it was a mistake and you didn’t have a failing grade DEFINITELY! Make sure they know! You should be reinstated.</p>

<p>You didn’t fail the class so you should be fine, it was a mistake! Send them your updated HS transcript too! As long as you have a C or higher then you shouldn’t be rescinded</p>

<p>You should appeal. When there is a mistake in the application, appeals often succeed. My younger son applied to CSU Sacramento with a 3.1 GPA but SAT scores of CR 660 and M 720 and was rejected. We investigated and found that even though he lives in Sacramento county and was about to graduate from a high school in Sacramento county he had mistakenly checked the box on the application that said he was a non-resident international student. We appealed and presented documentation he was a U.S. Citizen and resident of California. Within a week the rejection was reversed and he was offered admission for this fall.</p>

<p>A clerical error gives you solid grounds for appeal. Explain the error and provide proof of your new grade. Appeals are reviewed on a case-by-case basis, but you should be fine.</p>

<p>With documentation, appeal likely to work in your favor. Go for it!</p>

<p>Hi, i just recently received the admissions withdrawal letter from UCSD due to not reaching the 3.0 weighted requirement. My GPA came out to be 2.5, but the office of admissions has told me that I have only taken one AP course during my senior year, when i actually have finished 2 AP courses (CALC BC & AP Rhetoric). However, due to the long title course name, the AP did not show on the final transcript, and the admissions office told me that i need to get an indication or an approval of evidence saying that i DID finish 2 AP courses. If i do calculate correctly with two weighted classes, I would end up with a 2.83. But i also had a tragic family accident during my end of senior year second semester. Basically there was something wrong with my mother’s eye, she went blind until she received surgery, she lives in korea, i live in america. I was just so sad that i couldn’t take care of my mother by her side and i was just very depressed throughout second semester. </p>

<p>Would the reverse the admission and reinstate me? what are the chances? i want to know asap thanks!</p>

<p>No such thing as AP Rhetoric, here is the list of AP courses available:
[AP</a> Courses - Advanced Placement Course Descriptions](<a href=“College Board - SAT, AP, College Search and Admission Tools”>AP Courses and Exams – AP Students | College Board)</p>

<p>Maybe it was an honors course? Not all honors courses are weighted though. Somewhere on the UC web site you can look up whether the course at your school would be weighted. If not, you might want to skip the argument about the GPA and just make a case based on your family situation. It can’t hurt to file an appeal, good luck.</p>

<p>Ok I had the web site bookmarked, here it is. You look up your school then find if the course counts as honors</p>

<p><a href=“A-G Policy Resource Guide”>A-G Policy Resource Guide;