Belles and Maggies and Leadership Groups

<p>So I'm an incoming sophomore transfer, and I'm interested in what anyone here knows about Sophomore leadership groups. </p>

<p>On the website, it looks like there are a bunch of freshmen ones...do those kids continue on in the same group as sophs? What does anyone know about Maggies and Belles specifically, or the co-ed ones? I'm looking for a group that plans a lot of things together in order to make a good group of friends. I have been active in leadership both in high school and at my previous college. Thanks!!</p>

<p>Are there any current students who have any advice for me? I am coming from out-of-state.</p>

<p>OP, I don’t think there’s a restriction on whether you’re a freshman, sophomore or whatever. I would contact those organizations directly to ask your questions. I’m sure you’d get more precise, and better answers. And you might make a valuable connection. :)</p>

<p>Oh I will contact them when I get on campus. I was just hoping to get some first hand knowledge here. thanks!</p>

<p>In the 1-2 weeks prior to classes starting, there will be Howdy Week, and most of the organizations have presentations to their programs. Look at the schedule for Howdy Week carefully when you receive new-student information, or go online to see if schedule for Howdy Week 2013 has been posted.</p>

<p>I have a friends daughter who is a Belle it is sort of like a sorority, she really enjoys the group . I know she joined as a sophomore so they do take older girls. I believe there is a big open house for all the organizations on the Sunday of Labor Day weekend.</p>

<p>Carolein and rushedmom - thanks so much for your replies :slight_smile: I’m transferring from out of state, so I don’t have the connections that the Blinn transfer students will already have. I’m getting nervous!</p>