Berkeley vs UCSD vs UCR

<p>Greetings. I am an international student, so please excuse any of my grammatical errors.</p>

<p>I am looking to apply to colleges now and it has been my dream to study in California in United States. I know Berkeley and UCLA are very great schools, good things are said about them where I am from.</p>

<p>But, I know UC schools are good in general. Two schools that stood out to me are UCSD and UCR (Merced also, but it is too new, my parents don’t want me going to a school that has not been around for a while). </p>

<p>I like UCSD and UCR’s websites, they show how great they are. Also their brochures I got from college fairs show it is as good as Berkeley and UCLA.</p>

<p>What do you think? I cannot travel to California and can only take virtual tours and they seem like very good schools. Thank you. </p>

<p>UCSD has incredible reputation for engineering and it is in San Diego, fantastic school, very challenging academically and San Diego is gorgeous. UCR is not one of the top UC’s more from an image standpoint, it is inland from the LA area, and it comes off as more of a commuter school. Just doesn’t have the reputation the others do, but I know some great kids that went there, so it’s not a bad school by any means, just doesn’t have the wow factor the other ones do. The other one you might consider is UC Irvine, in more of a residential setting, but very clean campus is pretty affluent area (nice, not ghetto) and a lot of kids go there for engineering as well. Quieter campus than the others. But UCB, UCLA, and UCSD are considered the top 3. I will say a school like Merced may be easier to get into if you are just trying to get over here. Good luck!</p>

<p>Consider the other mid UC’s first (UCI, UCD, UCSB) before UCR.</p>

<p>UCR has a very good business program and is only one of a few UC’s (UCI and UCB also) that offers a business degree in the UC system. If you are intererested in Business, you should look into UCR. It really depends on what kind of campus and experience you want. UCR is not near beaches like UCSD or UCSB. It is not near a major city like UCB/UCLA but depending upon your Stats, it is a good school to consider.</p>

<p>Actually the UCR grads I worked with turned out better than the other UCs like UCLA, USC(ok not a UC) for Computer Science.
They were all in top positions for a multi billion dollar project.</p>