Berklee or Full Sail?

I am having a huge debate on whether to do my Master’s degree from Full Sail or Berklee. I am doing a B.S. in the Entertainment Business with a concentration in Music from the Los Angeles Film School now. It is going great. My career goal is to be an entrepreneur in the Music industry and own a recording studio. I would be the CEO and CFO. I have degrees in Accounting and Finance as well. My issue is that Full Sail is a sister school to LAFS but I like the curriculum for the Master’s from Berklee in Music Business much more than the Master’s in Entertainment Biz from Full Sail. I would not be operating the recording studio but doing administrative work. I think understanding the music biz is more important than the classes Full Sail has. I also do not know if the professors at Berklee have better connections than the ones at Full Sail as far as the industry is concerned. Any suggestions? Anyone?

Why do you need another degree from anywhere? I’d be checking with career services…and find an entry level job for some experience. But that’s my opinion.

1 Like

If you do pursue a master’s, I would go with Berklee, if it is affordable for you.

2 Likes

Get 2-5 years of work experience first - pay back some loans/save money, most importantly learn on the job and show what you’re capable of doing in a professional setting, then only apply&attend Berklee for your Master’s (different coasts= different connections&experiences.)

1 Like

Did you do any internships while doing undergrad? How is your resume at this point? What skills do you have? Many jobs only require a bachelor’s. You already have a degree in accounting and finance, and will have one from Full Sail.

I honestly didn’t even know Full Sail was legit, hate to admit- partly because they advertise so much.

Neither would have much value, I fear

It also is really pricey! Agree that working in the industry would be much more valuable at this point.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 180 days after the last reply. If you’d like to reply, please flag the thread for moderator attention.