Best and worst things about Umiami

<p>Best: Beautiful Campus, the weather
Worst: ****ty dorms, many shallow people</p>

<p>What do u guys think?</p>

<p>As for the worst things, I would say price. Also, they have some strong programs and some that aren't as strong.Each school has its strengths.</p>

<p>As to the best, here is a copy of what I wrote a year ago. I hope it helps:</p>

<hr>

<p>Look, no one will sell you on Miami. You need to check it out for yourself. Cerainly, if you are asking is it academically better than Harvard or Yale, the answer for most programs would be that it isn't ranked higher than those schools. However, in my opinion, I would recommend Miami over schools like Syracuse, Northeastern, Boston University, and a number of others for the following reasons:</p>

<ol>
<li><p>WEATHER: Miami has fabulous weather. It is really hard to best it. It also has some of the most unbelievably good looking people that you will see.</p></li>
<li><p>Miami has fabulous connection with the city of Miami and with Florida jobs in general. If you are looking for a job, internship or coop in Miami, Miami alumni are very involved and very strong.</p></li>
<li><p>Miami has some very strong programs and a LOT of choices. If you check out their majors, they rival in quantity and quality that of a big state university without being nearly as large or impersonal as a big state university. Thus, you get all the advantages found in a big school combined with the advantages of a small-midsize school. The student teacher ratio is also very good. I should note that you also have a plethora of choices for duel degree programs as well. </p></li>
<li><p>Graduates of their undergrad program do have a leg up for admission into their graduate and professional schools.</p></li>
<li><p>Miami has a very good endowment that allows for great campus maintenance and facilites.</p></li>
<li><p>School spirit is very strong at Miami. With their top ranked football team and good basketball team, they generate a lot of school spirit.</p></li>
<li><p>Miami gives out lots of merit aid to top applicants in addition to substantial need based aid. Try getting merit aid from schools like Brown or Carnegie Mellon.</p></li>
<li><p>Miami has a lot of professionals who are currently doing well in their field teaching courses. This provides a very useful, practical education. This is not as true with some other large or midsize universities.</p></li>
<li><p>Since Miami has some strong sports teams, their athletic facilites such as gyms, pools etc. are very good.</p></li>
<li><p>Miami gets a lot of research money from the state and federal govenment, which provides for good labs and scientific equipment.</p></li>
<li><p>Miami has fabulous diversity in both students and faculty. Since Miami is the gateway to central and south america, you get a great variety of students, which adds a lot of their education.</p></li>
<li><p>Many kids come to Florida, especially to Miami Beach, for their vacation. Here you are living right near there.</p></li>
<li><p>The city of Miami is one of the most vibrant, fun cities around. It is chuck full of culture with symphonies, museums, shows, top notch sports teams and much more. It is one of the best cities, in my opinion, to attend school. If you combine this with fantastic weather, It is an unbeatable place when compared to many other schools.</p></li>
<li><p>It is one of the schools noted in the book, "The best 361 college rankings."</p></li>
<li><p>It is rated in one of the best 140 schools in the southeast as rated by Princeton Review.</p></li>
</ol>