Best cellphone service in Madison area?

<p>Any suggestion from those with the downlow?</p>

<p>My Verizon contract is up and I'm going to renew sometime this summer with a new service. I really hate Verizon and sorta want to go to Cingular... soooo</p>

<p>Input is appreciated :)</p>

<p>Well when I visited my cell phone worked fine and I have Cingular. Madison is not the middle of nowhere, every cell phone service should work. So I guess go with whatever you want.</p>

<p>if you are planning to live in Liz Waters, Qwest service floats in and out, one minute ill be talking with 5 bars of service and the next my phone beeps at me and says "signal lost" i dont suggest using qwest unless you plan to talk outside, then its consistant at 5 bars.</p>

<p>My son has Cingular. He's in the chem building, Van Vleck, and Chamberlin all the time, and in Chad. Works well. Verizon also works pretty well on campus.</p>

<p>We've had problems on occasion with our son's Verizon in Liz Waters- both calling son from home and while trying to call from just outside it to somewhere within- can't beat a brick building built into a hillside... Talked to someone else from our town (our hometown experience at our house also has brick and hills surrounding it...) who's had no trouble with Verizon on campus. We asked son if he knew of other, better ones and of course he didn't (we have another year to go anyhow)- I would like input from Liz dwellers.</p>

<p>I must add that no cell phone functions well without being recharged... it has happened that the battery going dead resulted in the parental call being dropped.</p>