Best college for classical piano in London in your opinion

I’m a new member here. I’m planning on study abroad. I really want to study in London but I know nothing about music school here. So please help me. Which college have good Classical Piano departure in your opinion? I’ve only know about RAM and RCM and I love RCM alot. But I really want to know all the good college for classical piano in London. Thank you so much. (I’m so sorry my English is not my native language so I know it is not very good)

I’ll page @collegemom3717 , who might be able to shed light.

I just googled this: The 10 Best Music Colleges in London - collegegazette.com
That’s probably a good starting point. I know nothing about music schools, but I’ve heard of many on the list.

Not my area of expertise, but the little I know is that the two you have (RCM & RAM) are tippy top. The only other one that I know of (in London) that is in roughly the same league is Guildhall.

RCM, RAM and then Guildhall came to mind, but piano is not my area of expertise either.

Princeton’s study abroad program is with the Royal College of Music.

Is there a reason you are looking only in London? Do you live there?

Do you have a teacher who can advise you?

Thank you for your advise.
I’m looking for school in London just because I love the city so much. I really want to live and study there. I have a teacher who have study in Russia. But they don’t know much about England. I don’t know much about England either. But It’s a dream from my childhood to be able to study in the kingdom so I really want to give it a try

RCM is terrific in general, but I don’t have specific info about piano. I will add, the cost of lodging in London could be very high, so be sure you factor that into your search.

Are you a UK citizen?

Hope you can do it! Make sure to look at the financial side of this. Hoping your teacher can be of assistance. Good luck!

My wife says RCM has an edge over RAM for classical piano but it also depends on the teacher that fits you. Check out piano teachers at both conservatories and try to line up trial lessons. Good luck!

I’m not a UK citizens. I live in Vietnam, an Asian country and I never study abroad before. So there are so many things that I don’t know, including where to stay and how much it cost,… I hope you can help me with more information about that.

You can find that info on the websites. For example, for RAM:

https://www.ram.ac.uk/student-life/international/visas-and-immigration

Scroll down to “What Proof of Finances do I need”

This topic was automatically closed 180 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.