best dorm for a transfer student

<p>Hi, I'm thinking of transferring to Madison (I've already been accepted). I'm going to be a sophomore and I'm wondering which dorm is best. I want the opportunity to meet the most people since I'm new, so I was planning on living in a Southeast dorm. Also, I lived in a super loud crazy drunk dorm last year, and I would really love NOT to repeat that experience. Is there is friendly but not too crazy dorm good for sophomores? And I would really prefer nearby food service. Thanks.</p>

<p>If you want not-so-loud dorm that has nice food service, I will suggest Chadbourne in Southeast. There’s a lot of activities going on there, and you could easily make friends. There’s a dining hall on the first floor too, which is super nice.</p>

<p>Otherwise, Kronshage, Cole, and Sullivan at the Lakeshore would also be nice. They’re large dorms with double rooms, so you can meet people around, and the dining hall is very close by.</p>

<p>I’ve heard Lucky101 is having a transfer/continuing student floor. But if you already turned in a contract with uw-housing you won’t be able to sign there. It may be worth giving them a call, [Campus</a> Connect Private Residence Halls | First-Year Student Housing at UW-Madison & Downtown MATC](<a href=“http://www.sba-campusconnect.com%5DCampus”>http://www.sba-campusconnect.com)</p>

<p>I thought they had a designated dorm for most transfers. Somewhere in the Lakeshore area.</p>

<p>it’s Tripp. But I delivered pizza several times over there and there was no opened door, and it looks like they didn’t talk to each other much. Only first impression, though, don’t count on what I saw.</p>

<p>Slichter will also be good. SE dorms seem to be where freshmen wanting more action prefer. Do read the threads about dorms.</p>

<p>I know a lot of transfers who were really happy in Sellery (and all connected with one another), but Ogg definitely has a larger than normal sophomore population that might be nice as well.</p>

<p>if you’re a sophomore transfer and want to meet people, Sellery and Witte are your best bets. Smith and Ogg are nice, but they are not very social, even if there are sophomores…most people are either keep to themselves or have their own friends by then. I personally know a couple of people who lived in Sellery as sophomores and had a great time, but yes, it does have a party atmosphere. In short, if your main priority is meeting people, go with Sellery or Witte. You can always go to the library or the basement to get studying done.</p>