Best Engineering department at UoFA

<p>haha! my daughter LOVES organic chemistry! weird!</p>

<p>i thought they looked at the GPA from all the prereqs.</p>

<p>They look at the cum GPA…and the BCMP (which essentially are the pre-reqs).</p>

<p>Used to be that they took a HARD look at Organic Chemistry</p>

<p>I think SOMs still do.</p>

<p>is your son ready to aply for med school? where will he apply?</p>

<p>Yes, he’s applying this summer. He’s compiling his list right now.</p>

<p>My son’s roommates are chemical engineering majors. One has designs on med school. The other is planning on law school. He is interested in patent law, which requires (in most cases) an engineering background.</p>

<p>Loring, your son’s professor is correct … and his wisdom goes beyond engineering. Several of my son’s former high school classmates are home this summer. No internship. No co-op. Just hanging out together. Glad my son is overseas working.</p>

<p>Your son interested in patent law is planning ahead. My son just graduated in EE from a top public university and had an unexpected interview (obtained through the school career fair) at a patent law firm in Chicago. The partners at this firm with whom he interviewed were undergrad engineers with law degrees. He would have done research work to start. He didn’t get the job, but was intregued with career path. Don’t feel sorry for my son though, he snagged a design job he coveted.</p>