Best Internet

<p>Any one recommend an Internet Service Provider here in Madison? I heard Charter isn't that good. Any others?</p>

<p>thanks in advance.</p>

<p>It really depends where you're located. If I remember correctly you are a transfer student. If you found an apartment in a high rise or with one of the more reputable property managers, you sometimes have internet included through your apartment that you can sign up for. I believe it was Restech at my last building. This is always the best option because of the personal attention you'll receive. </p>

<p>If you do go the charter route (which most off-campus students do), be sure to talk about how you are debating between them and AT&T's new U-Verse. Educate yourself before going in. Negotiation is a skill that far too many young people don't utilize. I got Charter to give me 50mb internet service for $40/month. It's pretty much unheard of, but I just really politely talked about how with finances so difficult I had to start exploring other options. They'll transfer you to their "retention" offices (not sure what they call them) which exist for the sole purpose of keeping you as a customer.</p>

<p>Good luck!</p>

<p>Wow. impressive I must say. Thanks MNBadger - always with the wise answer.</p>