Best mode of transportation?

<p>Bike? Motorscooter? Car? Motorcycle?
I would appreciate any input on the practicality of these modes of transportation at A&M.
What would parking be like for each?
Which would be the easiest for getting around on campus? Off campus? both?
How two-wheel-friendly is the traffic in CS/Bryan?
Any info is much appreciated! Thanks for any responses.</p>

<p>Bike for on campus</p>

<p>Off campus, most have cars/trucks but you can survive by using the bus (it runs off campus too). Mine both had bikes, one used theirs rarely( read: are you kidding and mess up my outfit/hair?!), the other all the time (double major with courses all over campus & very athletic). There are several buses that run within the campus, as well as walking -most popular.</p>

<p>You should buy a parking pass for on-campus parking if you use it often, or are living on-campus; otherwise they have hourly parking. There are bike lots to park/lock bikes near garages & also near buildings.</p>

<p>Another choice by some is skateboards (not that popular, but there’s some). Very rare to see motorized scooters/ motorcycles. Also there are bike rules that are enforced on campus, the tickets are expensive. Riding your bike off campus isn’t all that popular. It’s not a ‘bike town’ like some colleges.</p>

<p>Since you’re out of state like us, a car is necessary to get to Austin or Dallas airports, but there’s a shuttle to both Houston airports and College Station airport is right next to the University. Both of mine also have cars/trucks (sharing one wasn’t feasible). They find it necessary to be involved in their chosen outside activities & get to everything in their busy schedules. Mine even used it for storage of items that didn’t fit in the dorms freshman year. Majority of students we know have a vehicle.</p>