Best Non-Honors Dorms?

<p>I’m not sure which residence hall I want to pick to live in next year…any pointers? (nothing honors though)</p>

<p>These are the ones I’m interested in: Burke, Friedman, Ridgecrest East, Ridgecrest South, maybe Paty (since I prefer coed). </p>

<p>Which of these dorms or any that I missed, from experience/knowledge, did/do you like best?</p>

<p>I personally prefer the super suite dorms, so I’d recommend Ridgecrest East, Ridgecrest south, or any of the non-honors buildings in Lakeside or Riverside. The cost of these dorms is more than the traditional style dorms if that is in issue.</p>

<p>As far as traditional dorms go, Burke is nice and Friedman is very convenient for business majors. Either one would be a good choice. I prefer coed dorms over single-sex ones and given the choice, would choose the coed dorms even it meant a longer walk. Bryant Hall is a notable exception to this rule, but it is a living-learning community for male athletes and male engineers.</p>

<p>“Son” lives in Ridgecrest East and loves it. It’s a “super suite” dorm though and costs around $1500 a semester more than the traditional dorms. </p>

<p>Friedman has the best location of any dorm on campus bar none. I lived there my freshman year at UA back in 1990 and liked it. Fortunately for you it’s been renovated since then :slight_smile: and is pretty nice inside from what I gather. It’s co-ed but you must be a Business Major to live there. If you’re in Business and saving 3K a year sounds good then I’d choose Friedman in a heartbeat.</p>

<p>Burke is ok but it’s a pretty good hike from there to the core campus and especially the buildings on the west side. I’d live there over Paty any day of the week though.</p>

<p>what would you guys say are some dorms to avoid?</p>

<p>Rose Towers, unless you want to live in what looks like the building for the sitcom, Good Times!</p>

<p>Damn Damn Damn (In my best Florida Evans voice) :-)</p>

<p>I’d avoid Paty like the plague.</p>

<p>Rose Tower may be old, but it’s least it’s functional. Paty is decrepit.</p>