Best options for undec STEM major (Physics? Chemistry? ME?) [TX resident, 3.75 GPA, no rank, 1540 SAT]

Tulsa’s Net Price Calculator asks for academic stats, so it will probably indicate the minimum amount of merit aid your son might expect to receive. Its scholarship page indicates there’s a $3k/year scholarship for IB students. A 4.0 is required for consideration for the full tuition scholarship but doesn’t indicate whether that’s weighted or unweighted. Perhaps @PresCarsonTulsa knows (and who also has his own thread about Tulsa here)? If it’s weighted, then would your son perhaps get there after the first semester grades are in?

This is not my area of expertise, but I think that ABET-accredited engineering physics is the same or very similar to ABET-accredited general engineering. (ABET includes General Engineering, Engineering Physics, and Engineering Science under the same accreditation category.) If so, perhaps this thread might have some info: General Engineering Programs: Reputations, Outcomes, Etc?

I love your suggestions! You also tend to know more about special school-specific programs and other cool things, too. Which schools did we have in common?

1 Like