Best Stadium Location/Seats?

<p>I am looking to purchase some tickets for Family Weekend. I would like to be in the lower bowl on the Alabama side. I am wondering if it is generally better to be in a lower or higher row? I assume you are closer to the action with a lower row but perhaps the view is better if you are higher up?</p>

<p>Alabama actually has both sides. Visiting team usually has a small section in an end zone and a bit towards the NE corner. </p>

<p>Are you buying your tickets thru family weekend? If so, those seats are in one area.</p>

<p>Or are you buying them thru something like Stubhub?</p>

<p>Hoping to find some through Stubhub…or some place similar. We would like to be on the side that faces the marching band.</p>

<p>I think the side that the band faces changes with each game because Bama doesn’t have a “side.” </p>

<p>The stadium has over 100,000 seats, and the visitors only get a small fraction, so that’s why Bama fans are on both sides.</p>

<p>I am thinking go with stubhub. Our family weekend seats are in the end zone in the nosebleed section. If they put the family weekend parents together, they put us all as far away from the real “patrons” as they possibly can. Obviously we didn’t pay enough for the seats. Had we known, it would have been stubhub for us too. No way I will be able to see the band, darn it, and it’s probably the only game we will be able to find tickets to, grrrrrrr</p>

<p>There will be tickets available to lots of the games. Last week UA sold the returned away team’s tickets to first come first serve. Our home game schedule is actually sort of lack luster in comparison to many years. You will EASILY be able to get tickets to Western KY, Florida Atlantic, and Western Carolina. For those games, there will be people selling at the stadium for face or less…</p>

<p>Yes, it’s a crappy home game schedule this year. Auburn’s the only outstanding opponent…and maybe Texas A & M. I always say for any game (excepting Auburn and Tennessee, of course, and LSU), if you’re willing to wait until after kickoff, you can get some really good deals outside the stadium. Just make sure you didn’t buy counterfeit tickets.</p>

<p>Southlander- dumb question. How the heck can you make sure they are not real tickets?</p>

<p>Fake tickets not a big threat for these games – one thing to look for is perforated edges, the hologram on Tide Pride (won’t have those on non Tide Pride) I recommend just buying from other fans with extra tickets at the stadium, just hold up your fingers letting people know you are looking (don’t buy from the scalpers, they are in business just like you and I and will be looking to add a profit to what they paid) – they will be below face for most of the home games this year… We haven’t had a problem doing this as a family for years, and have sat by ex-players, parents of players, and other interesting people.</p>

<p>By the way, we are on the waiting list for season tickets which we gave up when our daughters were very young (bad mistake).</p>