Best Texas A&M PSA Schools?

I was hoping to get into the mays business school at A&M, it was a reach and I didnt get in. I got PSA (program for system admission). I would go to one of the participating schools for the 1st year then transfer to A&M the next year. A&M is someplace i wanted to go, not getting admission is pretty disheartening on the first go. I have texas tech, baylor and unt as other options. I was just wondering what would be the best PSA college to go to for the first year if i do decide to go on with it, and transfer to A&M in the second year. My preferred major is business administration, business economics, supply chain, logistics and other relevant business fields. The participating schools for the program are listed below.

Prairie View A&M University
Tarleton State University
Texas A&M International University
Texas A&M University — Commerce
Texas A&M University — Corpus Christi
Texas A&M University — Kingsville
Texas A&M University — Texarkana
West Texas A&M University

Thanks for any advice and tips.

Bump. Still looking for any advice.

I think that Mays Business School does not participate in PSA. Admissions recommends against coming in with the idea of then transferring to your desired major. You need to look at the available PSA majors on the website and detmine your best option.

Mays and the College of Engineering do not participate in PSA

Mays also officially no longer allows transfers to come in under non-Mays college then attempt to transfer. This is a new policy. It use to be allowed but as of Fall 2016, it is no longer an option http://mays.tamu.edu/application-process/

I would say either take a year off to try again later, or go to a near by CC and take more then the required classes for MAys Buisness school. I know you probably don’t want to hear that right now, but if you really want to be close to an aggie right now, you can move to Bryan and go to the blinn community college. Their are so many aggies their it will kinda feel like your one of them. In my opinion its worth it for Mays Business school

I was worried that Mays wouldnt offer that. Its pretty pointless to consider PSA if its not involving my major. I think i’ll probably go with Baylor or UNT in terms of business.

Well what I’m suggesting isn’t an offer from May (i belive) . I’m suggesting that you go to a bryan community college (since everyone is accepted to cc) and then take classes their that you know will transfer to Mays. (Kinda like a blinn student) since one of the transfer admission requirements is the kind of classes that will transfer. THat being said

Their is nothing wrong with going to baylor or UNTfor buisness. I wanted to give you a fight chance though to be an aggie :slight_smile:

Thanks for the advice. I dont really want to go to community college the first year.