BEST thing(s) info about the Nursing Program You are Attending or Graduated from?

<p>Since there are so many things to consider and so many terrific nursing programs, I thought it would be good to hear from current and former nursing students as to what they most like(d) about their nursing programs. Anyone who has any helpful information or things to share would be appreciated. I know most nursing students are probably very busy studying and may not be on CC, but it's worth a try. Thanks!</p>

<p>I’ll try to answer for my daughter. She will probably be attending York College of PA. They have extensively modernized their nursing building, with new technology and several simulators. Those simulators are only used by the nursing students, because they don’t have a physician’s assistant program. There is a large hospital right down the street, and other clinical opportunities close by. </p>

<p>Their base tuition is cheaper than almost all other private colleges, and they also offer substantial merit aid. </p>

<p>They also offer on-campus housing for all 4 years. The freshman housing is ordinary, but much of the upper class housing is modern. They also have a first class gym complex and theater.</p>

<p>However, their nursing program usually fills up with students who have placed a deposit before December. You could be accepted to the nursing program, but not have a space if you don’t put down a deposit by November or possibly December. That means you also need to apply early - preferably September.</p>

<p>They also have a respectable RN pass rate - which is usually around 90 to 92% for persons taking the test the first time. (Most of the rest pass the second time).</p>

<p>is it a direct entry</p>

<p>Yes, York College (in York PA) is direct entry from high school. They said they have almost no room for transfers.</p>

<p>My daughter attended a community college nursing program in NJ. It is the top rated comm college and their nursing program is excellent. It is a challenge to be accepted into their program. Their NCLEX pass rate is around 95%. Excellent training and extremely affordable. </p>

<p>They have articulation agreements with many colleges, so it is a simple matter to transfer to a 4 year college to complete your BSN. Meanwhile you already are n RN and can be working in your field. This is what my daughter did and the hospital where she is working offers a tuition reimbursement program.</p>