Best UC for a bio major?

<p>Out of Davis, Irvine, and Santa Barbara which would be the better choice? I want to major in biology or something related (microbiology, biopsychology).</p>

<p>they are all good, but I think Davis has the strongest bio department. :)</p>

<p>Probably Davis…this coming from an UCI Bio-major undergrad. However, If I were rejected by UCI, I would not have gone to Davis. I have visited Davis and I hated the place. Maybe you will visit and love it there. You shouldn’t pick schools solely based on how “good” they are.</p>

<p>^I agree, you should definitely visit the campuses.</p>

<p>All my friends in UCI Bio is super motivated and competitive. It’s probably the most competitive major GPA wise on the entire campus. Due to the amount of people that are pre-med.</p>

<p>Santa Barbara is nice and Davis is … Davis</p>

<p>i’d disagree with the above and say UCLA ad UCSD. If employer will judge your major. They arent going to be all “Oh you got a bio major from Davis, which is better than a Bio major at UCLA”. They will see Biology major from UCLA and assume UCLA is the better school in general. </p>

<p>Honestly go to the school you feel most at home with. No admissions officer/employer memorizes which department is better than another in undergrad schools. If anything, they know that the more famous, UCB, UCLA are better than the rest.</p>

<p>^He is asking which is “best” out of UCI, D, and SB. Obviously UCLA, SD, and Berkley are top schools…but they’re not in question here.</p>