Best UC for Fashion Marketing & Cheerleading?

<p>Hi,
I’m currently a high school junior in Los Angeles. I’m looking to stay in California for college (but hopefully out of LA heh). I plan on becoming a Fashion PR or stylist. Which UC or any college in California would you recommend. Looking for UC’s for because of lower admission costs. I also want to continue cheerleading into college so a school with a pretty good team would be nice. If you could suggest one, that’d be great, I’m really flustered with choices. I know the best fashion schools are in New York, but I’m looking to stay in California, and not just for the weather. As far as grades go, I just calculated my UC weighted GPA (estimating for the rest of 11th grade) and its 4.04, and I’m taking 3 APs this year. (APUSH, AP Environmental Science, and AP Lang & Comp) I have many ec: Student Council (4 yrs), Cheer (3 yrs), Fashion Club (2 yrs), Sierra Club ( 4 yrs), and Key Club (3 yrs). I also volunteer at the LA food bank every weekend. I’d consider myself pretty well-rounded. So if you have any suggestions please let me know. :slight_smile:
Thanks for your help.</p>

<p>UC Davis has a Textiles and Clothing major (which involves marketing). A few of the CSU’s have Fashion Merchandising (Cal Poly Pomona has two fashion related majors in Apparel Merchandising & Management - Apparel Production or Fashion Retailing; CSU Fresno and CSU Long Beach have a BA in Family & Consumer Science - Fashion Merchandising Emphasis. </p>

<p>You will also find Fashion Marketing in several community colleges.</p>

<p>If you can afford it, try to go to FIDM. It’s located in LA though…</p>

<p>I didn’t know UC Davis had that major, I’ll check it out. Thanks!</p>

<p>And of course, I know of FIDM my mom went there. I’ve read reviews and its not what it used to be apparently. And since the fashion industry is more compeitive than ever its almost required to go to a 4 year college, though I’m sure there are people who haven’t. Plus, I need a break from LA. Does anyone know how good UCSB’s Economics/Marketing major is? I really like their cheer team, I hear its pretty social which I like, not much of a party girl though…</p>