Best UC for fun?

<p>Hey, I’m a second year in University College Dublin, and I’ve been chosen to study abroad in California next year, but I’m not sure which to go to. I’m not looking for a year where I’m studying all the time, so I imagine something intensive like UCB would be out, I’m just looking for somewhere that has a good atmosphere, good parties and good fun (and plenty of hot girls ;-)) I was thinking of something along the lines of UC Davis, what does everyone think?</p>

<p>By the way, I’m majoring in Maths if that makes any difference.</p>

<p>I'm not in college yet, but I'd say that UCSB is one of the biggest, if not the biggest, party schools out of all the UCs.</p>

<p>I've been to both. UCSB would be your choice, hands down, if you want to just party and play beach volleyball 24/7. Your choice of UC Davis is probably ok if you think you may occasionally open a book. UC Davis is known for its "college town" environment, so there definitely will be opportunities for fun. However, I'm pretty sure UCB students have fun too. California is a great place to stay.</p>

<p>It depends on what you want to do for fun. At UCD in the fall attending (American) football games is a big deal. UCD will have lots of sports oriented activities, (both doing and watching) parties, concerts, movies and frequent trips to Tahoe for skiing and snowboarding. In the spring/summer you will find yourself water skiing or knee boarding in the nearby Sacramento River. A favorite UCD activity is going to Shasta Lake for house boating in May. UCD is located in Northern California so San Francisco, Sacramento, Lake Tahoe, and Santa Cruz are nearby. At UCSB the emphasis will be on parties/beach parties. SB is a big party school. (top 10 in Playboy Magazine) The students are not as into attending sporting events except for the soccer team. (they don't have an American football team) UCSB is in coastal area of the northern part of Southern California and will be closer to Los Angeles. Both are great schools they just have different priorities, so choosing based on what you like to do is important. The schools are similarly ranked so academically they will be close.</p>

<p>I think UCSB would be a better fit for what you're after than UC Davis.. Though they're both good schools.</p>

<p>Santa Barbara is one of the most beautiful places in the world. UCSB is supposedly very fun. They don't have football, but they did win the national championship for soccer last year.</p>

<p>If you want to...</p>

<p>Party 24/7: SB
Party on Weekends: Davis</p>

<p>UCSD: The Chicago of the West.</p>

<p>UCSB halloween is epic. The hottest girls too</p>

<p>UCSB hands down</p>

<p>

</p>

<p>How mean, tricking people into believing UCSD is fun.</p>

<p>^ lol. I don't think chicago is fun...</p>

<p>UCSB would be the best choice I think.</p>

<p>Just watch out for those STDs ;)</p>