Best UC for Public Health & Environmental Policy

<p>Hi, </p>

<p>What would be the best UC to attend if I was seeking a double major in public health policy and environmental policy?</p>

<p>Please tell me what you know of both programs offered on your campus. Thanks!</p>

<p>probably berkeley or davis... kind of strong prestige for both schools for the environmental policy type stuff</p>

<p>I'd say UC Davis would be the best school for your majors. idk much about public health, but UC Davis's environmental science & policy program is one of the best if not the best in the UC system. UC Davis is also a good place for internships for your major, since davis is around 15 miles away from sacramento.</p>

<p>Thanks, it's a pity i didn't get into Davis lol.</p>

<p>Have a look at UC Irvine’s Department of Environmental Health, Science and Policy. It might be perfect for you. [Environmental</a> Health, Science and Policy | School of Social Ecology](<a href=“http://socialecology.uci.edu/ehsp]Environmental”>http://socialecology.uci.edu/ehsp)</p>

<p>Environmental Health, Science and Policy</p>

<p>Faculty from the social and policy sciences, natural sciences and physical sciences come together for interdisciplinary study and teaching of the environment as it affects human health or as the actions of humans affect the environment. Factors of primary importance in understanding these types of interactions involve the study of the natural and physical sciences, populations, political and economic institutions, and philosophies within society and the societal attitudes that drive legislation and regulation affecting human health as well as environmental sustainability.</p>

<p>Course work moves toward problem-oriented curricula which are enriched by ongoing faculty and student research on such topics as the effects of environmental stressors (e.g., pollution; the biology and politics of water pollutions; potential impacts of natural disasters; compliance with environmental regulations; the consequences of urbanization and population change; and environmental exposure assessment).</p>