Best Undergraduate Nursing Programs?

Hello all! I was wondering if we could start a conversation about reputable nursing programs in the country. Which colleges have highly acclaimed nursing schools and why? Which are well known? Do you know where you’d like to attend/or do you have a favorite school?

Some of the more “prestigious” programs are extremely expensive, including for out of state students at public universities and for some of the privates Unless you are independently wealthy or do not have other choices, I would not spend $240,000 for a BSN degree. You will have the same starting salary as the grad who paid $60,000 for their degree…

@Charliesch Thanks for the insight! But if I plan to go to grad school afterwards to become an advanced practice nurse, do you think where I got my undergrad degree would be important?

I’m not an expert on the topic, but to become a Nurse Practitioner, they typically require several years of work experience as a RN. Universities may say you only need a minimum of one or two years experience, but it is extremely competitive One university said successful applicants have an average of 10 years of experience. At that point, your experience will probably matter more than the name on your degree.

In the meantime, you can get certifications and take grad classes part time, which many employers subsidize.