Best way to make donations to UA

<p>We got a very polite phone call from a student seeking donations to the UA National Alumni Association. Given the generous nature of the scholarship our daughter received to attend UA, we would like to start making a yearly contribution to the University. But I’m just wondering if the Alumni Association is the best place to make our donation. Are there other channels by which to contribute? I was thinking of donating directly to the Honors College, but I don’t know exactly how the NMF scholarship gets funded or where to direct my money so that most of it funnels back into scholarships. I’m a public school teacher, so I’m not talking about a multi-million dollar donation here but something that reflects our gratitude not only for the scholarship but for the amazing experience she is having at UA.</p>

<p>I think donating to the Honors College is a great idea.</p>

<p>Here’s the UA link for giving
[Giving</a> to UA - The University of Alabama](<a href=“Page Not Found | The University of Alabama”>Page Not Found | The University of Alabama)</p>

<p>If you plan on making a sizable annual donation, it might be a good idea to contact </p>

<p>Jackie Wuska Hurt
Development Director
276 Nott Hall
205-348-5558
<a href=“mailto:jackie.hurt@ua.edu”>jackie.hurt@ua.edu</a></p>

<p>Donations of a certain size could give one naming rights to various scholarships, classrooms, and even the Honors College itself.</p>

<p>Thank you in advance for your family’s donations to UA. Roll Tide!</p>