Better Choice for Engineering?

<p>Which is a better choice for an Engineering Major, Purdue or Penn State? Is one significantly better or offers more advantages than the other?</p>

<p>OK…just my two cents, and some other factors come into play, such as…how much will either school COST for you, since they are both great schools…and what branch of engineering are you interested in…</p>

<p>BUT, that being said, Purdue, for one reason or another, is not thought of as a State school by many people, although it is.</p>

<p>Personally, I think for engineering, Purdue beats Penn State in “Brand”. </p>

<p>Ultimately, however, these are both strong schools. I’d go where there is the best financial fit.</p>

<p>Thank you for your reply. Any other opinions out there?</p>

<p>If u look at the rankings, Purdue is a bit above…I really think they are both strong but purdue a bit better…</p>

<p>Since they are both strong if I were u I would like at other aspects such as the city, nightlife, campus, weather, friends that are going, dorms, because either one you chose is pretty good. I also got in Purdue :)</p>

<p>As per a truly academic view, they are both great engineering schools, but I would look into the specific discipline you would want to go into. If you have any more specific questions I’d be glad to answer them.</p>

<p>WSJ had an article earlier this year about where companies go to recruit students: purdue ranked 2nd in engineering, penn state ranked 9th in engineering</p>

<p>as everyone else is saying, they are both good schools. it would really come down to what is most important to you: atmosphere, reputation, extras, cost, etc.</p>

<p>Thanks for all of your replies. Happy New Year.</p>