Bid list

<p>Adding another DG to the list! Based on the amazing stats – both in terms of academics and involvement – that the daughters of the posters on this board have, some of these houses have really lucked into a treasure trove of outstanding new members!</p>

<p>No question that an out of state girl can get a bid. Now that Alabama’s freshman class is well over half out of state, any house that isn’t taking well over half of its class from outside of Alabama is missing out on a significant part of the cream of the crop! From the OOS new member perspective a big advantage of joining one of the houses that takes well over half of their class from out of state is that there is no leftover high school social structure imported into the sorority – everyone is looking to make new friends, which really helps the new members bond!</p>

<p>Alpha Chi Omega!! #1 from the start also!! This was our first greek experience and first bid day. My goodness, what a sight to behold, lol. Pandemonium is a great word here.</p>

<p>ADPi
I am so happy that I was there to be apart of bid day!!</p>

<p>My DD a thrilled baby angel - PiPhi. I did have some concerns regarding upholding the recruitment contract. My DD said at the stadium 2 girls in her group receiving bids from 2 separate sororities showed up so drunk, executive board was called over and they were not allowed to run with the new pledges to their new houses. In both cases, the girls were invited to secret pref night parties by their houses and the girls reported doing shots all night. How does the panhellenic judicial board handle this? Shouldn’t houses be penalized for dirty rushing?</p>

<p>Congratulations to all of the new members! Such a fun and exciting time for you.</p>

<p>My daughter is a senior Alpha Chi. She is an officer and on the retreat with some of your girls now!!</p>

<p>Alpha Delta Pi - First Choice</p>

<p>My DD is a Chi O as an OOS! She’s thrilled! Had maximum # of invites each time.</p>

<p>Just letting you guys know: Lilly Pulitzer is having their annual summer sale and the sorority print scarves are on sale for $29! Would make a really cute gift.</p>

<p>[FINAL</a> SALE - Murfette Scarf- Sorority - Lilly Pulitzer](<a href=“Women's Resort Wear, Dresses & Swimwear | Lilly Pulitzer”>Women's Resort Wear, Dresses & Swimwear | Lilly Pulitzer)</p>

<p>Sure wish Lilly Pulitzer would up her game and do an Alpha Chi Omega print!</p>

<p>My sentiments exactly, TNandBAMAMom! I had to settle for a couple green dresses for the dd.</p>

<p>This company was started by a sorority sister of mine from Duke. Their pajamas are adorable! Almost makes me wish I had a daughter in a sorority to buy them for. :)</p>

<p>[Sorority</a> Pajamas by Girly Greek Sisters](<a href=“http://www.girlygreeksisters.com%5DSorority”>http://www.girlygreeksisters.com)</p>

<p>Hmmm, just looked and they only have Chi O, DG, KA Theta, and KKG. Oh well, at least it might help some of you. They do have a generic Panhellenic print.</p>

<p>2017Classmom: Encourage your DD to talk to my DD about the triathlon team. Her roommate is an Alpha Gam and also a triathlete. There are a few other triathletes I know of who also pledged this year. The first team race is this weekend in Huntsville., AL and they will have 2 more fall races at Tugaloo State Park (Georgia) and Anderson, SC (near Clemson). Last spring we traveled to Phoenix, AZ for Collegiate Nationals (hopefully it may return to Tuscaloosa after another year in Phoenix!). If you want to PM me I can give you a bit more info.</p>

<p>A girl from our hometown (her mother taught S2 in elementary school) went DZ at Bama. I rushed a zillion years ago at the most non-competitive school on the planet and after reading about Bama’s rush, I’m just delighted she made it!</p>