Biggest Decision of My Life - UCD or UCR?

<p>So here is the story.
I SIRed to davis and have been set on going there,
but recently i’ve thought about going to UCR.
UCR has actually extended their deadline also, so i am able to still SIR there.</p>

<p>the reasons im considering UCR is that my ultimate goal is to transfer to USC or UCLA for business, and I think it would be easier to transfer from UCR then from UCD, because UCR has a lower curve and such.</p>

<p>also, UCD doesn’t have a business major or programs…</p>

<p>other reasons i am considering UCR is that i feel more comfortable here…i live about an hour or two away and i dont want to move 8 hours north where i have no friends.</p>

<p>but then again, the new experience would help me grow.</p>

<p>also…transferring is no guarantee, and if i had to be stuck somewhere, id want to be stuck at UCD. and i worked relaly hard to get into a school like UCD…it seems like it would be a waste to just go to UCR, where everyone got accepted.</p>

<p>can i get people’s opinions on this? i only have a few days to make up this tough decision that will posssibly change my life =/</p>

<p>Transferring is difficult.
As for the davis issue, it doesn't matter whether you have friends going there or not. You won't be the only one in that situation. College is about making new friends, I don't think making friends would be much of a problem. </p>

<p>Yes, transferring is very difficult, however i'm not sure whether going to riverside will make it any easier than attending davis. I think Davis has more to offer, but they don't have business programs, which makes it really difficult. </p>

<p>You could always resort to community college for two years, then transfer to ucla or usc. I've heard it's easier to transfer from a community college than transferring from another 4-year university.</p>

<p>Transferring UCs is very difficult. I don't know what the situation is for USC, however, but I suspect it would be easier, just a feeling. </p>

<p>I'm curious to know why people think it would be easier to transfer from UCR to UCLA than it would be from UCD to UCLA -- I would have thought the opposite. In my day (and granted it was a long time ago), it was fairly easy transferring "across" or "down", say from UCB to UCLA.</p>

<p>As for friends, you would be surprised how much you DON'T see or hang with old high school buddies, and you will be surprised (even if you don't make friends easily) how easy it is to make friends on campus, either from living in the dorms or from participating in campus activities and clubs.</p>

<p>By way of example, my son had NO friends when he went to Berkeley last fall, and was really shy. I use the word "was" intentionally. He now has a ton of friends he hangs out with and does things with, more than he ever had in high school.</p>

<p>I dont understand why you would choose UCR over Davis for the your reasons. If you liked the school/location better, then you have a case, but otherwise Davis will offer you more opportunities. It does not really matter what school you go to, LA/Riverisde/Davis, because grad school prefers good grades and scores. </p>

<p>Like you said, you would rather be stuck at Davis if you cannot transfer. Good point, and that really should be where the decision comes from. If you do not want to be stuck at UCR, then don't go there. Realize that your major will require a 3.5GPA and sometimes a little higher. It is no easy task.</p>