billing

<p>Thought I asked this several months ago, but I couldn’t find the thread. I know that njbama weighed in about later meal plan billing…</p>

<p>For those on scholarships, do room & fee charges post in August before school begins and have to be paid before school starts? Are these paid by check, debit & credit card? When is meal plan billed?</p>

<p>Tx,</p>

<p>For freshmen, the meal plan is billed automatically and due with the rest of charges at least a couple of weeks before school starts. You’ll get e-mails and automated calls reminding you to pay your bill, which is sometimes referred to as confirming your schedule.</p>

<p>UA accepts cash, checks, electronic checks (use your check online), and debit/credit cards (Visa, Mastercard,and Discover, but not American Express) without a fee. So if you want to get cash back or airline miles by paying with a credit card, feel free to do so. You or your student can pay the bill in person at the Office of Student Receivables, online, or by mail.</p>

<p>I don’t have my paperwork from Bama Bound in front of me, but the approximate date mentioned for posting of money due was July 18. I think the pay-by date (or date to make arrangements for payment plan) was something like August 5, but don’t quote me on that. </p>

<p>If there’s leftover money from scholarships in the account, a check will be sent to the student a few days before school starts.</p>

<p>Also if you have any financial aid coming to you (loans, grants, work study) they will deduct the estimated amounts of those from your bill.</p>

<p>In my case, they didn’t deduct Work Study from my bill. Earnings from Work Study are paid directly to the student, not Student Receivables, and are thus not taken off of the student’s bill.</p>

<p>Regarding the meal plan, there is a standard or minimum that a freshman must take, but you can change it if you want to increase the number of meals per week. </p>

<p>Also, any refund of additional scholarship monies usually does not come until the semester begins. I remember a check in my son’s name arriving in early October and then again, in early February. I wanted to mention that just in case a student plans to use that money for books, etc.</p>