Binge watched tv shows

@traveler98 , I actually recommended Episodes about a week ago. Had just found it, thought it looked interesting and was hooked immediately. Binged it in about a week. I’ve been telling my friends. Very witty and think they are all so funny.

obviously DUDS not dies…

Into the second episode of “Counterpart”, a Starz original starring the great JK Simmons in a dual role. I’m hooked.

Thank you to whoever mentioned Retribution! Wow, it’s good.

^^ Yes, just finished it a few minutes ago. It was excellent!

@VaBluebird I was just coming on to say the exact same thing. I watched Retribution this week after seeing the recommendation here. I actually recognized several actors in it from other British shows. I really enjoyed it and have already recommended it to friends.

On the plane, I binged on the first season of Grace and Frankie and am completely sold. Charming, funny, even poignant.

Finished Rita last night and cried. I will miss those characters.

Thank you to whoever mentioned Retribution! Wow, it’s good.

@oregon101 there is a short 4 episode series called Hjordis that is a spinoff of Rita on Netflix. It’s worth a look if you liked Rita.

I’m beside myself. We finished season 6 of Suits without realizing we had reached the end of what Amazon Prime has available. Such a great show. It looks like season 7 ends airing in April, so we’ll have to wait to see it free somewhere. Maybe I’ll look at Rita and Retribution next. Gosh I hate reaching the end of a good show!

thanks! Anxious mom 1.
The adoration of This is Us is still irking me. I would like to think that if H or I had died 17 years ago that
our kids would have the strength and personal power to grieve and move on with their lives. Yes, always a
deep pain but not crippling.

Altered Carbon on Netflix - just watched the first ep and really liked it.

I followed others suggestions and am currently bingeing Rita. I typically dislike watching foreign shows, as I don’t want to read them. But I thought I’d give this a try and was hooked from the very first episode. It’s not hard to follow along at all. I can’t get over how much Rita looks like Linda Hamilton. I wish I had her body!!

TOTALLY hooked on Babylon Berlin, a moody, artsy, gritty, multi-faceted mystery series set in 1929 Berlin. Historians praise its realistic portrayal of the city & its climate. If you don’t mind sex and violence this one’s a can’t miss. (Netflix)

If you are on Netflix, shows closing after 2/28

https://www.nytimes.com/2018/02/23/watching/leaving-netflix-tv-shows-movies-march.html

“Marvelous Mrs. Maisel (not interested in stand up so wasn’t going to check it out -what a mistake that would have been”

It’s intersting how we can have preconceived notions that we wont like something. I’m a fan of the romance novel ( currently in the middle of a 100 best of all time list) and mentioned to a friend one day that there are very few on screen portrays of what I like in those, including humor. She says “ Have you ever watched Arrow, about 1/2 way through the first season it brings a lot of that to the story and besides the superhero stuff there’s a lot about family and friendships, I think you’d love it.”

I have “no zero none “ interest in comic book superhero stuff so I told her she was nuts. But she literally would bring this up for years. Finally she showed me a you tube clip focusing on the humor in the show. I was intrigued and watched an episode. I ended up binge watching the entire first five seasons in an amount of time that is so short I’m embarrassed to speak of it.

Anyone watch Seven Seconds yet? It’s streaming on Netflix. We’ve binged almost the whole ten episode series because it’s that good. I highly recommend it.

Thanks to whomever recommended Rita. I have really enjoyed it.

I recommended Rita and am glad your are enjoying it.
I am still sad and miss her and her people a lot . :((