Binge watched tv shows

I know. I am dreading the end…

I’m on season 4 of Rita. I have really enjoyed this show. However, I feel Season 4 is lacking in the writing andcRita looks much older to me. Was she pregnant during this Season? She seems to be covering up a bit.

I am not a fan of comedy/sitcoms, at all. But I will say “A.P. Bio” is amusing.

1 Like

Yes. It’s especially amusing when you frequent college confidential.

That theme song from “Rita” is awful and now it’s an earworm. I love the show, but that song! :-&

Another episode of A.P. Bio is on tonight (Thursday). I liked the first one, too.

Billions: March 25.
I’m liking this new season of Homeland, though I swear I have to go find recaps to catch it all. Lol.

And I may have finally saturated (for a while) on Euro Noir. So keep the humorous suggestions coming.

I started watching “The Middle” last year. I think it’s funny and sweet and realistic. This is the final season.

rosered56, our house looked a lot like “The Middle”. Located in Indiana as well. Just need to add blue air due to the cigarettes my mother smoked–oh, just a few packs a day.
patsmom, there is the option to skip the intro on Rita.

We are watching Cedar Cove. It’s grandma approved- no bad language, no violence, and mild romance, There are 3 seasons and Andie MacDowell is the main “known” actress. The setting is a quaint northwest lake town and it’s beautiful. I’m enjoying the characters and story lines. Now I need to find a few more shows like this for my mom as we’re nearing the end.

While traveling to and from Europe recently, I downloaded Offspring, a quirky Aussie show which had enough seasons to keep me occupied through all my flights. I discovered Rita shortly after I came home. I finished both series recently and enjoyed them immensely.

ETA, I tried Episodes from a recommendation upthread and I loved it! I finished it just before I left for Ireland and tried to get my travelmates to start watching it on the plane.

@psychmomma, When Calls the Heart is another Hallmark series that would meet your criteria.

Based on all the recommendations I tried Rita today, even though I normally don’t like subtitles. Well, I’m almost through the whole first season and have accomplished almost nothing useful today because I’ve been so absorbed in this show!

Finished “Black Mirror,” finally. Not sure how I feel about the series! Creepy but well done. I need to watch something cheerful now, though.

Finished ‘Strike’ based on the JK Rowling novels. The last episode is done in a much less creepy way than the novel, which I liked. A bit too fast , t second part felt rushed - could have stood a 3 episode length rather hang just 2, especially since there aren’t any forthcoming one due to there being no further novel as of now.

I’m finally watching the third season of Broadchurch. I wasn’t sure the show’s quality would hold up in another season, but it has, and I’m hooked.

New from Jason Katims, “Rise”, begins tonight at 10 on NBC. It’s inspired by the wonderful non-fiction book, Drama High, by Michael Sokolove. I hope that they do Michael and his book justice!

OK. For whatever reason I haven’t been able to binge anything for awhile, just get bored. Somehow I got hooked on YOUNGER. And I hate comedies, usually. And the story line? A woman who is 40 pretends to be 26 to get a job in publishing after taking 15 years off to raise her D and facing age discrimination.

Corny and weird, right? There’s a boy, too. And fashion,and a 26 year old bestie.

But I really like it, currently on season 3.

@OHMomof2 I’ll try that one. Similar to Younger I watched Conversations in LA about a menopausal woman who begins a relationship with a 22 year old. It’s on Amazon and it’s different. Not quite comedy but more like you’re watching a play only it’s around Los Angeles. Plus the dude is hunky lol!

Thanks to all for suggesting “Rita” - love it ! Into middle of second season ! Wonderful