Binge watched tv shows

Team Garcia Bernal. :x

We’ve been watching Last Tango in Halifax. I thought my mom might like it, but I am the one who keeps wanting to watch more each night. The main characters include two 70-somethings and their grown children, so very relatable.

For H, we are also watching White Collar. We really like that series, too, after finishing all the free Suits episodes.

@LoveTheBard She was lucky, indeed! He was a wonderful mentor and friend. No, my daughter did not stay in NYC, although she’s had a couple of her plays produced there. She worked in Chicago for a year after graduation then moved to London where she’s been ever since. If you’re ever up here to visit Stratford, let me know!

I love Stratford Ontario, Justin Bieber notwithstanding. If you combine a trip there with the Shaw Festival in Niagara-on-the-Lake, you can see an awful lot of good theater in a very short period. If you travel through Toronto or Buffalo, Niagara-on-the-Lake is more or less on your way to or from Stratford.

I was really raised on theater at Stratford. I think I saw my first Shakespeare there when I was 9. Richard II; my parents made me read it first. For my 12th birthday, we had timed the order just right, and I got to sit in the first row for Alan Bates as Richard III and Christopher Plummer and Zoe Caldwell as Anthony and Cleopatra.

We had a Shaespeare theater in Stratford, CT, back in the day. In 8th and 9th, tradition was our PA middle school chartered busses to go, reading the play first. Will never forget the first experience, binge reading Romeo and Julliet, my first encounter with the beautiful language he used.

@jhs and @alwaysamom – I’m starting to think I need to do a long-overdue side trip up to Stratford next time I’m back east!

We have some pretty great regional theatre here on the west coast – including some Summer Shakespeare Festivals – so I’m pretty fortunate in that regard. We used to make a pilgrimage up to Ashland, OR for the Oregon Shakespeare Festival which is quite good. Locally, the Old Globe does some interesting things Shakespeare-wise and otherwise and the La Jolla Playhouse has been on a bit of a roll lately in terms of sending some strong and some not-so-strong pieces to Broadway (Come From Away and Indecent as good examples of the former, Margaritaville, Hands on a Hardbody, and Summer (the Donna Summer musical) as examples of the latter).

@LoveTheBard Yes, CFA is a wonderful show. The idea for the show was conceived by a friend and the show itslf was written by a wonderful young couple who are also friends. We are all so happy for the great success. :slight_smile:

I meant it when I said to get in touch if you’re ever coming to Stratford, and that goes for Niagara on the Lake, too!

We finished “The Killing”. One of the best things I’ve ever seen.

@VaBluebird That show was amazing. Just finished it last week now and about finished with Bloodline which was great also.

I just watched season 6 of Homeland. AAARRRRGGHHH!!! I love and hate that show, every season! It started slow and then picked up and raced off the cliff! I may have to start over - I really liked the first two seasons.

Just finished Money Heist on Netflix. Wow!!

Has anyone mentioned Occupied on Netflix? Watching now, and finding it fascinating.

This is the 6th and final season of The Americans and I can’t believe I’m the only one watching it. It has been consistently the best written and acted series I’ve seen since Breaking Bad, with Kerri Russell and Matthew Rhys doing the best work (IMO) of their careers. When it began I enjoyed seeing Washington DC in the early 1980’s and the Cold War was coming to an end since that was when I first came to live in this area. Now it seems almost breathtakingly timely and the suspense is becoming almost unbearable.

If you enjoy well written, well acted grownup drama, I think this is as good as it gets.

You’re not the only one, @Joblue! It’s my favorite. I’m so sad that this is the final season but I don’t know where they could really go from here.

I agree that The Americans is one of the best TV shows ever!

I love the Americans too!

Me four or five. But I don’t have cable, and I don’t do illegal, so I have to wait until it shows up on Amazon.

I hope they’ve jumped forward enough so that by the end of the season we can get some experience of perestroika and glasnost through the eyes of Phillip and Elizabeth. And even, maybe, the collapse of the USSR.

No question Stranger Things was a boy oriented show, but Max and Eleven aren’t just namby pamby girls most of the time and the Moms are interesting and well-rounded. I think it does pretty well on the Bechtel test.

We just finished watching Person of Interest - another very guy heavy show, but with kickass women. I liked them all and they were all very different. Camryn Manheim as Control was brilliant. Amy Acker was great. Sara Shahi was great. I’m so sad we’re done with it.

Now I have to go back to persuading DH to watch Jessica Jones - which is a little too one-note. Sometimes I really like the show, and sometimes I just want her to cheer up and stop drinking.

Am watching Howards End on Starz. Really enjoying the series. There are 4 episodes.

We love The Americans, too, but also have to wait for it on Amazon.

If anyone needs G rated shows for elders- or themselves- Heartland is a really nice show, as well as When Calls the Heart.