Binge watched tv shows

I’m also on board with Offspring.

Given that both DH and I abhor football, Friday Night Lights was not going to cut it, I’m afraid…we couldn’t even make it through the first episode.

I did watch the entire series but only because there was nothing else. Hated the football games.
RISE is very similar but about making a theater group successful. I liked it better.

I was going to quit Friday Night Lights after the first episode as well. But the characters really grew on me, and I just fast forwarded through the games, which I think became less prominent as the series went on. So by the end I was doling out episodes because I didn’t want it to end.

Rise (by the same creator) had the same vibe, but seemed to be trying to stuff too many big issues into each episode. I think it had potential but was canceled after only 10 episodes or so.

I watched the series a long time ago, but One Tree Hill was a good series. I originally began watching with my son because the main characters were half brothers who played HS basketball (my son’s a baller) on rival teams, then eventually on the same team. They shared the same dad but didn’t grow up together and lived polar opposite lives. The family dynamics and HS drama kept the show interesting. One of the brothers goes on to play college and pro ball.
The mother of the less privileged son was the dad’s HS sweetheart and the mother of the privileged son was the dad’s college sweetheart. Both women were knocked up in school but the dad rejected his HS sweetheart for his college basketball scholarship only to end up knocking up the college girlfriend! Needless to say, the dad marries the college GF and completely rejects the son from the HS GF.

I’m waaay late to this thread and didn’t take the time to read all previous 2500 posts, so apologies if these have been covered…

DRAMA:
Peaky Blinders - cannot wait for season 5 in 2019. But now you have time to watch first 4 seasons now.
Black Sails - 4 seasons. Will miss this - always looked forward watching a few episodes.
Snowfall - just finished season 2 on FX. Love this show.
Billions - Who hasn’t seen this?
I’m Dying Up Here - Season 2 just finished with some nice twists, looking forward to season 3.

Counterpart - with JK Simmons. A little slow, but picked up. Now I’m hooked.

COMEDY:
Episodes - 5 seasons - sorry it’s over. Matt LeBlanc was hysterical
The End of the F***ing World - Only 1 season, but definitely something you can knock out in a weekend.
The Inbetweeners - so inappropriate, yet so funny

I’m sure there are others, but I can’t think of them at the moment.

I’m binging Friday Night Lights on Amazon, thanks to this thread. It’s definitely bingeable, but I’m not as impressed as I thought I’d be. The actors are gorgeous and talented, and the story lines are pretty darn good. There’s also some great humor and nice touching moments. I’m not complaining, but not understanding the hype, either. I’m about halfway through Season 3.

But I am super impressed by the game footage, and the exciting action sequences. To those of you who know football, are these scenes realistic? My football knowledge comes from watching the Superbowl, so I admit I know nothing.

My recommendation: Jack Irish. Watched on Acorn.For the first time used subtitles due to Australian slang. Dark, funny, noir.

We enjoyed A Very English Scandal. 3 episodes of 55 minutes each so more like a longish movie.

We’re hooked on Marcella. Nordic noir but in English and set in London. A bit confusing at times, lots of sub plots, but interesting characters. A few of the actors were in Downton Abbey, fun to see them again.

We finished Friday Night Lights. The last episode is so satisfying.

Started Animal Kingdom. Pretty intense!

Am watching Helen Mirren in Prime Suspect on Hulu. Really enjoying the series and can see how she was a template for other procedural shows in the US.

Amazon added a new CBS show called Instinct starring Alan Cummings, an ex CIA agent turned Penn professor turned NYPD homicide consultant. It’s a good show and I like the chemistry between him and his partner. A little cheesy as each episode wraps up nicely which we know IRL doesn’t happen, but nonetheless I’ve been enjoying it.

We just finished both seasons of Atypical. It was pretty interesting and I enjoyed the characters, except the mom. I’m not sure why - maybe I recognized a few characteristics that I don’t like in myself?

Just finished Suburra-the series (there is also a movie). It’s on Netflix. Crime, mafia, politics in Rome. We loved it.

Thanks, @Veryapparent.

One of this things I liked most about Atypical was Jennifer Jason Leigh’s willingness to play a character that is unsympathetic a lot of the time, something the script and the character herself own. She’s deceitful, manipulative, bossy, and often misguided. Like, um, many of us parents.

Leigh has a producer credit on the show, and is by a mile the biggest-name actor associated with it. I assume the show may not have been made without her enthusiasm to take on that role.

@amom2girls After Veryapparent"s mention, I watched the first episode of Suburra last night. You might like it. Easy to slide into.

I need something new to watch. I’ve had to switch over to see what Hulu has available;)

I just started watching Atypical and am liking it. But what did Jennifer Jason-Leigh do to her face?! >-)

Another series we watched was Fauda. It was quite good. Two seasons with third coming soon. Fast paced. Israeli special forces.

I loved Fauda and also recommended up thread. Agree that it was very fast paced. Happy to hear there is a 3rd season coming!

I understand there should be a second season of Trapped in the winter!