Binge watched tv shows

@JHS - agreed! JJL is fantastic in that role.

@amom2girls Wow I loved Trapped as well. I had read second season was out but not on anything I can access. Started Bordertown Finland last night. 2 episodes in. Deadwind is next. Always up for recommendations for crime, espionage and drama series!

An Honorable Woman was another great series somewhat similar to Fauda. Great cast.

Loved Honorable Woman! Deadwind was good. I have to look back at my list because those are my favorite genres too!

Killing Eve and Babylon Berlin. Outstanding series, both, and guaranteed to have you binge into the wee hours.

@katliamom I tried to get into BB but couldnā€™t get past the first half. What was so intriguing about it? Maybe Iā€™ll give it another shot

I thought Babylon Berlin started slowly, but if you didnā€™t like the second episode ā€“ with an extended scene in a nightclub, featuring a cross-dressing performer ā€“ then I doubt you will like the rest of the series. (I liked it a lot.)

@CALSMom ā€“ I just loved Babylon Berlinā€™s historic background, the excellent writing, the varied cast of characters, the various story threads that do come together but remain their own unique tales simultaneously, and yes, those nightclub scenes which give you a feel for the decadent Berlin arts scene in the late 20s early 30s. I like the fact that none of the characters were stock characters, they all had their deep flaws and their redeeming qualities. I thought the acting was superb, the story line surprising and unpredictable. All in all, I thought it was an amazing series. And thatā€™s saying a lot, considering how much excellent TV there is to be enjoyed these days!

Iā€™m watching a Kdrama on Netflix called Black. Itā€™s not cute like some of the other Kdramas I have watched. Itā€™s a good paranormal, suspense, crime drama.

what is a Kdrama?

We watched Sneaky Pete recently and I really enjoyed it. Have you watched it yet, @amom2girls?

@amom2girls Korean drama! You have to like subtitles, but Iā€™m hooked on them.

Took a break from Netflix to catch up on Poldark. Just started ā€œRiverā€ and enjoying it very much- in the police drama genre. Lots of familiar faces from other British series. Enjoyed Deadwind and Bordertown as well.

Buster, I donā€™t mind subtitles at all. Most of the European noir that I enjoy is in subtitles:)

@doschicos I havenā€™t seen it yet, but I just googled it and it looks interesting. Have you seen all seasons?

Yes, @amom2girls, we watched both seasons and enjoyed them although the first, as is typical, was the best.

For those partial to ā€œBlue Skies Dramaā€ ( what I call light shows that are definitely not sit-comsā€¦almost but not always mystery /cop shows ) I recomend The Good Cop on Netflix. Tony Danaā€™s is the crooked ex cop now out of jail and living with his super rule following cop son played ( adorably) by Josh Groban.

We watched a few episodes of The Good Cop and liked it. Josh Groban is so cute. Itā€™s one weā€™ll come back to pretty soon.

Meanwhile, we started Catastrophe, and it is outstanding. Really funny. Well written. Especially interesting that the main characters wrote it and star in it, using their real first names. It isnā€™t too often that H asks me to put on a show - he is really hooked.

I watched a few episodes of Babylon Berlin. Loved all the visuals and loved the wild nightclub scene. I had some trouble following the storylineā€¦maybe will try again since so many seem to like it.

Not sure that this is the thread to put my plug in for Amazonā€™s ā€œKing Lear,ā€ starring Anthony Hopkins, Emma Thompson, and Emily Watson. Itā€™s not a series, so you canā€™t binge watch it, but it was pretty terrific so I watched it twice.

Itā€™s been cut to the bone (just under 2 hours), which skews it quite a bit, and the Edgar was just too jarring. No complaints otherwise. The performances were outstanding. I donā€™t often weep out loud while Iā€™m watching TV but I did during the last scene. Hopkins is just a magnificent actor. Great work too from Thompson, Watson, Jim Carter, Jim Broadbent, and Tobias Menzies. The Cordelia, Florence Pugh, was new to me but wow - superb.

Netflix " Salt, Fat, Acid , Heat" chef Samin Norsat author of book same title, is featured in this unique travel/ food show.