Binge watched tv shows

I read somewhere that they shoot each episode of Hinterland twice, once in English and once in Welsh. I visited rural Wales 20 years ago and it is a stark and beautiful place. I plan to go back one day. As far as the show goes, I sometimes have a hard time following the plot and I always joke to my wife about this tiny Welsh village having a Chicago-like homicide rate.

^Yes, we joked that soon the whole population will be murdered and only the police chief will be left at the end, the final revealā€¦

Good thing for subtitles.

Cabot Cove was a very dangerous place, but Jessica Fletcher was able to solve all the crime.

Just finished binging on "Bodyguard"on Netflix. It was thrilling. They kept the suspense to the end.

About to start on the Bodyguard. Is there a ā€œseries 2ā€ planned?

@MYOS1634 ā€“ no, and thereā€™s concern that the leading actor, Richard Madden, will be too busy to commit to another season. (Heā€™s quite the rising star and is rumored to be considered as the next Bond)

Ok, Thanks!

Catastrophe - Just started watching; so far, so good!

We just started season 2 of Catastrophe, and are enjoying it.

Enjoy Bodyguard. It really was great! And Madden is amazing.

oh my gosh, Bodyguard is good. I was up so late last night, but still 2 episodes to go!

Iā€™m halfway through Bodyguard. So far so good. Definitely my genre!

We just finished Bodyguard and really liked it. I agree that Madden is a great actor. He did a great job at portraying emotions (and heā€™s not bad on the eyes :slight_smile: ).

We started Bodyguard tonight. It captures your attention right from the start.

Thanks for ā€œbodyguardā€ suggestion two episodes in -

OK, so Iā€™m halfway through Bodyguard, too, and grateful to all the people who suggested it.

But.

I find myself completely losing patience with (a) the characters, who seem to make one abysmal, indefensible choice after another, and (b) the show, because every element of the plot hangs on indefensible choices that no one with half the brain these characters are supposed to have would possibly have made. Itā€™s elegant when tragedy develops out of a personality flaw that may be linked to a characterā€™s greatest strength. Itā€™s sloppy when you try to develop tragedy out of a bunch of actions that are inconsistent with the charactersā€™ personalities.

IDK, it isnā€™t as bad as in most other shows. Often, it seems the only way to create drama. I had to stop watching Designated Survivor because of that.

Bodyguard was great, thanks for the recommendation! Good endingā€¦it got me! I have to say I wish I was paying better attention because I was getting confused with who, what, where when they started talking fast.

I agree he could be a good Bond!

ā€œBodyguard was great, thanks for the recommendation! Good endingā€¦it got me! I have to say I wish I was paying better attention because I was getting confused with who, what, where when they started talking fast.ā€

This is why we watch many shows with the close captioning on