Binge watched tv shows

@dragonmom3 The Closer is one of my favorite series. It had a very different take on police procedurals. Kyra Sedgwick and J.K. Simmons led a great ensemble cast. I was sad when it ended and didn’t like its spinoff Major Crimes as much.

I watched two episodes of Homecoming and stopped watching. Given then star power of Julia Roberts, I had higher expectations.

I hope you didn’t miss the season of HoC with Claire’s mother. Ellen Burstyn was super.

In this season, I completely get why Claire is being posed as the super B and wonder if any discomfort is because, while it was ok for Frank to be unredeemably terrible, now it’s a woman. In the past, she wasn’t a good person, but she was his counterpoint.

I’m looking forward to The Kominsky Method which will start on Netflix on November 16. A new comedy/drama with Michael Douglas and Alan Arkin, created by the creative genius of Chuck Lorre.

I just finished Borderliner. The ending was really disappointing. Also watching Hinterland which is better.

@lookingforward My sister rewatched an episode of Bodyguard “I can’t follow accents”. I said I told you Happy Valley, Broadchurch, The Fall, now Bodyguard, “I don’t know how to turn off closed captioning!” (And never would) And 3rd Happy Valley I haven’t heard about but that would be great! I want to watch the final season of House of Cards having never seen any before. Greg Kinnear, Diane Lane and Cody Fern who was heartbreaking in Assasination Of Gianni Versace.

Finally finished Hinterland and jumped right in to Bodyguard. Wow! I forgot what it’s like to have an adrenaline rush while watching TV. Hinterland was good but VERY slow, and little chemistry between the actors.

I just finished watching ‘Follow This’ on Netflix. It’s about Buzzfeed reporters covering different news stories in 15-20min segments. Three parts/seasons. Some of the interesting stories covered were on Bird scooters, sexbots, ASMR videos and Auroville (utopia) community. I learned quite a bit in the short segments!

@3sonsmom I run closed captioning all the time, too. Mine’s not perfectly synched but close enough.

You might want to try HoC from the beginning, to understand all the shenanigans. As with any long series, some seasons aren’t great. But it gives the development.

Just finished Suburra. It’s tough. I joke I can take cut up bodies on a bridge but not too much real grime. What’s interesting is they apparently used a number of less experienced actors, for some real life edge.

It always amazes me when people tell me they had trouble following a show where the actors are speaking too fast or with an accent and they don’t turn the close captioning on. We always have watched everything with close captioning. This annoys one of my friends and when my kids started reading at age 4 she was convinced it was because we watched with the captions and acted like we were gaming the system. Lol

I enjoyed the second half of Bodyguard. I had enjoyed the first half, too, except for getting annoyed with all of the obvious horrible choices generated by the writers’ needs, not the characters’. It’s definitely worth watching, and a strong calling card for all of the actors in it. I expect to see a lot more of all of them. The final twist was amusing and somewhat satisfying, especially in conjunction with one of the common themes running through all of the show’s subplots. But, wow, was it ever a return to the inexplicable character breaks of the first half! I wish they had bothered to come up with a plausible rationale for the character’s impulsive decision to confess, beyond the fact that the show was in injury time of its final episode.

I’m surprised people had trouble following the dialogue, however. I can definitely understand that issue for some shows, but in this one everyone but the central character was speaking with plummy, educated accents that aren’t hard to follow for me.

We circled back and tried “Better Call Saul” again and I am so glad we did! It is great.
Secondly, we realized we totally didn’t watch the last season of “Mozart in the Jungle”! LOL. So, we are happily catching up on that.

The only negative thing I can say about season 3 of Mozart in the Jungle is that there won’t be a season 4. I’m very disappointed that Amazon didn’t renew it.

1. I thought Mozart in the Jungle kind of played out its string. I'm sure they could have come up with more stories involving those characters, and certainly more music, but they didn't have lots of stories to tell that would keep them together, and more on-again, off-again stuff between Lola Kirke and Gael Garcia Bernal would have gotten stale fast.
  2. That can't have been a cheap show to produce, what with all the big-name actors, the huge cast, the flashy guest stars, and all the locations (including the need to film a lot in New York; Venice was probably cheaper).
  3. My understanding of the deals Amazon cuts with producers is that there is a huge financial bump for the producers if they get to a fourth season. I'm not certain any Amazon original series has advanced to a fourth season yet, and it could be the case that none will unless its third season is such a blowout success with the public that Amazon needs it desperately. I don't think MITJ ever generated that kind of audience, and I believe its numbers probably declined in its third season.

We watched it in my house, and liked it, but it took us a couple of weeks. It wasn’t like with the first season, where we couldn’t tear ourselves away.

I was out walking the dogs today and a block away ran into filming of The Handmaid’s Tale. Season 3 is under way!

The only negative thing I can say about season 3 of Mozart in the Jungle is that there won’t be a season 4. I’m very disappointed that Amazon didn’t renew it.>>>>>

Confused. We are watching Season 4 now.

I was also so confused by the “no season 4” of Mozart in the Jungle. I don’t watch but do follow the industry pretty closely because I have a relative in it. I knew there was a season 4. I think Transparent ( another Amazon original) also is in Season 4

Sorry, I got my season numbers mixed up. I should have said I was disappointed there would be no season 5.

I think I heard that there’ll be a 4th season of Catastrophe.

^Yay! I love Catastrophe.