Binge watched tv shows

For Bodyguard fans:

http://tv.bt.com/tv/tv-news/richard-madden-confirms-meeting-to-discuss-seconds-series-of-bodyguard-11364310742365

Started on The Harry Quebert Affair, in part because there’s Patrick Dempsey and in part because it toggles back and forth between the 1970s and the early 2000s. Found it well-done and now I want to read the novel! there’s the famous Maine writer in his 70s (Dempsey, who is aged to look "good for 60"lol) who 30 years before had an an inappropriate affair with a teenager, an arrogant, brash “celebrity” writer who was his student and now has writer’s block, an all-American New England town.
Shot by JJ Annaud, so it is between a film and a TV show in “feel”.

Netflix has a new documentary called Dogs. It’s about the bond between humans and their dogs. I’ve only seen two of six episodes, but it’s well done. It will make you cry, but Netflix did promise in an announcement that no dogs die.

TheGreyKing, I was about 8 when I went to the movies and saw the House on Haunted Hill. It scared me to death. I thought for a minute that you saw my childhood show! 1958! And in black and white to boot.

Finished Season 6 of House of Cards. It was weak, but there were some episodes that I enjoyed—I liked the idea of an all-woman cabinet and the exploration of how women in power react in various situations. The finale was just weird.

I am a political junkie so, overall, I liked House of Cards. I mentioned before that I heard Robin Wright and Beau Willimon (writer for first four seasons of HOC) at a film festival and Wright mentioned meeting several US Senators who told her the show was very realistic.

For easy comedy, a friend suggested Schitt’s Creek on Netflix. It is indeed really funny. If you liked Arrested Development or any of Eugene Levy/Catherine O’Hara movies, you’ll like this. And there are FIVE SEASONS, so it’s kind of the comedy gift that keeps on giving.

@crknwk2000 Agree about Schitt’s Creek, it’s great fun! A friend of my D is in the show.

@alwaysamom who is it? i love that Eugene Levy’s son is in it and a co-creator, too. Ditto his daughter being in it. The woman who plays Alexis kills me, ditto “Stevie”–such a good dead pan. Aw, heck, everyone in it is great, as is the writing.

@crknwk2000 Noah Reid who plays Patrick. :slight_smile:

Ah, not on that season yet. Still in season 2…more laughs to come, I’m sure.

Having trouble getting into Bodygaurd, after 1 episode.

We didn’t really get into Bodyguard until episode 3. We were hooked then!

Just a PSA, my hubby and I got rid of cable and satellite TV and converted to watching live TV on Youtube TV. It’s about $40 a month and they are the rising Netflix competitor in original TV and movie content. A benefit for us is that neither Netflix nor Amazon Prime has How I Met Your Mother, (one of our favorites shows) which we now can watch on YouTube TV (recorded). I love having another option of new original shows and movies.

A drawback is that they do contain short commercial breaks which we’ve been able to FF on recorded shows but we understand that it keeps the monthly fee so low. My fave so far has been Cobra Kai, the series saga to Karate Kid.

Hulu is another good source of original programming as well as several older series, including How I Met Your Mother. We pay $11.99/mo for their no-commercial plan. They also have a live TV option for $39.99/mo.

For those of you that like politically-themed comedic shows, I really enjoyed Alpha House – a political satire created by Garry Trudeau (of Doonesbury fame) and features John Goodman, among others. It was an Amazon production that ran for two seasons.

@lookingforward ,
People here gave good reviews of Bodyguard. That peaked our interest. My friend and I watched the whole series. To us, it was OK. We like another show, Line Of Duty, a lot more. Both shows were written by the same writer, Jed Mercurio. And we like Keeley Hawes very much from Line Of Duty, too.

@Bromfield2 , “The Killling” was great. Loved the ending.

Any recommendations for history type documentaries or shows? Something about a place or an historical event or person. Not a Michael Moore type documentary -more like a made for TV history special type thing.

@Veruca. Have you watched all the CNN decades documenteries? I assume you’ve watched all the Ken Burns ones.

Also excellent OJ :Made In America. (About the OJ Simpson trial and how race and culture affect perspective

Thanks! will check out the ones I have seen