Binge watched tv shows

I love the CNN decades documentaries. It’s interesting to look back on the highlights of the decades from a different vantage point in my life. As a child in the '60s and a teen in the '70s, I didn’t always catch on to the significance of some of the big events.

I just signed up for Acorn TV, or at least its Trial Week. It looks to be a great source for British and similar shows, although there is some overlap with Netflix and Amazon.

I have thought about it @IxnayBob. It doesn’t have British quiz shows and home improvement shows does it? I would love to hear what you think about it later

I watch too much Acorn TV…They don’t typically have quiz or home improvement shows, but things rotate in and out like other streaming services. You can see what’s currently on here: https://acorn.tv/browse

Thanks!

I 've watched the first 5 episodes of The Kominsky Method on Netflix with Michael Douglas and Alan Arkin. I am really enjoying this show.

We started The Sinner. Very compelling. I’m always intrigued by the why.

Finished Bodyguard. Ok.

@psychmomma I LOVED The Sinner (with Jessica somebody) I watched several episodes on a plane, I could not wait for the return journey to finish watching, LOL!

just finished Little Drummer Girl. Loved it.

Jessica Biel was very good in The Sinner. She was nominated for a Golden Globe and an Emmy for her performance. She was also an executive producer for the series. Also, Jessica (somebody - haha) is probably better known as Justin Timberlake’s wife. :slight_smile:

We enjoyed both seasons of The Sinner. Bill Pullman was excellent in both, and both seasons had terrific ensemble casts.

Just started Last Kingdom on Netflix…Uhtred (main character) giving David Bud a run for his money in the hottie department! Seriously, so far a good storyline.

AMC’s The Little Drummer Girl is quite good. Love the lead actress. I recommend you tape it and then skip all the commercials – because there’s a TON of them.

We finished the first season of The Sinner today. Highly recommend! It stars Jessica somebody :wink: who was Mary on 7th Heaven years ago. :slight_smile:

We are HOOKED on Narcos~ Mexico (Netflix). Never saw the original series but will check it out after we finish this one. Not sure how accurately they depict events but the overview of the evolution of drug trafficking through Mexico is fascinating. Superb acting, almost don’t notice the subtitles. The violence is sometimes graphic but I think it would be impossible to tell the story without including it. Oddly, you end up rooting for both the good guys and the bad guys until close to the end.

Watch Frontier at your own risk. You might end up with Jason Momoa in your dreams… :">

Just read that the second season of The Marvelous Mrs. Maisel comes out on December 5th. Can’t wait. If you haven’t watched the first season yet, I highly recommend it.

http://www.zimbio.com/Every+Netflix+Original+Show%2C+Ranked+From+Best+To+Worst

Thought some of you might like to read this.

I started Fallet.

I’ve never “binge watched” a show before. I’ve watched 2 or 3 episodes of some but not more than 3. That said, I just watched all 8 episodes of The Kominsky Method - like a good book I couldn’t put it down. The writing is tight, the acting wonderful. What a great pair those two make!

I’m also looking forward to season 2 of Mrs. Maizel.