Binge watched tv shows

Just finished binging on Season 3 of “The Last Kingdom”. Fascinating show, loosely based on real events in England in the late 800’s.

Started watching the latest season of MST3K. I remember the old, original version from the 80’s and 90’s, which was one of the best things ever on television. The current incarnation is pretty terrible, but for some reason I feel obligated to watch.

Another fan of The Kominsky Method: a funny, poignant (but not maudlin) series about friendship, love, aging and complicated parenthood. Michael Douglass and Alan Arkin are just wonderful in their roles. Recommended!

@simba9 agreed!! The Last Kingdom is so good! I binged 6 eps last night but I’m still on S2. I’m wondering who Uhtred ends up with

Another vote for The Kominsky Method

I’ve watched 2 episdoes of The Kominsky Method and will be heading back for more when I have the time.

Just got sucked into Narcos.

I saw Michael Douglas on The View a couple of weeks ago -still very suave and handsome . Interesting to see him play Sandy Kominsky, who has seen better days (but still has charisma in his own way) . I think he looks like Kirk even more as he ages. I’ve finished all 8 episodes and hope there will be more!

@eb23282 We watched Narcos Mexico first and loved it, not so enthusiastic about the original series covering cocaine trade in Columbia (Pablo Escobar). Way too graphically violent, too much narration, just not as good.

@momsquad - I actually watched Mexico episode 1 not knowing it wasn’t the original. Thought it was good and will definitely go back to it after I finish the original story (which I love). Side bar: ESPN did a great 30 for 30 called “The Two Escobars” about Pablo and the Colombian National Soccer team player Andres Escobar who was killed after their epic failure at the 1994 World Cup.

^ Narcos Mexico took quite a few liberties with historical facts, but it’s gotten me intrigued enough to research the history. Will try to find the ESPN show, sounds interesting.

I’ve just discovered ‘Orange is The New Black’ - I cannot get enough of it! I’ve just started Season 3 (sad about Nicky…!) Any other Orange Bingers here?

@momo2x2018 - I loved the show but they lost me mid-3rd season. I probably should go back to it.

I would like The Kominsky Method better if there were less focus on peeing. I’ve watched four episodes but haven’t gone back to it for a while. The Marvelous Mrs Maisel returns tomorrow, and I just saw that Grace and Frankie will be back Jan. 18.

@JustaMom I’m addicted! Bummed that Bennet unexpectedly disappeared; Rose was a surprise! I thought the elderly cancer patient was Eastern European! I’m not a big fan of all the sex scenes (call me a prude!)

For anyone who hasn’t seen Killing Eve, it’s now streaming on Hulu. I watched three episodes today and I’m hooked! DH and I just finished the first season of The Marvelous Mrs. Maisel and can’t wait to start watching the next season. Also looking forward to the return of Grace and Frankie.

@momo2x2018 I love OITNB. Great characters! It can be funny and poignant.

I don’t think you can binge watch but Connie Britton (from one of our favs Friday Night Lights) and handsome Eric Bana from Black Hawk Down, Time Travelers Wife Star in Dirty John. It is on Bravo and based on a true story (and was a podcast but I’m not familiar with that). Tuned in for the cast, two episodes shown on Sundays. He’s playing against type.

Agree with Dirty John! Loved the podcast, it was riveting so have to watch it! First episode was good

I read a long-form article about the “Dirty John” underlying story. It was captivating but terrifying.

Dirty John was a Dateline story a year or so ago

@doschicos Just finished dinner; now settling in for another evening of bingeing, OITNB is better than the other drug that is sweeping the nation, LOL!