Binge watched tv shows

I hope the root canal procedure goes well, @emilybee.

^Thx. Never had one before. Tomorrow is just part 1. :frowning:

Good luck, @emilybee . The hardest part of a root canal is keeping your mouth open for that length of time.

Wish you lived closer to me, @emilybee, because Iā€™d send you to my root canal guy who makes it a piece of cake. Zero pain at all even for tricky situations. No valium needed. And Iā€™d make you some soft foods for after. :slight_smile:

We finished watching season 2 of Marvelous Mrs. Maisel. It was marvelous. Boy, what a cliffhanger. Looking forward to season 3.

Last time I had dental work (for a crown) I ended up with dental trismus (aka lock jaw) and needed 6 weeks of PT and mega doses of all sorts of meds. Iā€™m just hoping for no repeat.

@doschicos,

Iā€™m getting the Valium because of the dental trismus I had last time. Itā€™s to keep me relaxed.

ā€œBoy, what a cliffhanger. Looking forward to season 3.ā€

I bet itā€™s nowhere as good as Apprentice Washington Season 2 cliffhanger!

@emilybee Haha! Am loving the recent episodes of that show!

Thanks for the Bodyguard rec - enjoying it so far (ep 3)

If you ever get tired of the similarities in noir, Fallet is cute (Not the right word for a murder mystery. Itā€™s spoofy, an easy watch.) Not a huge laugh for me, but plenty of times when I smile, in recognition. Incompetent detectives, wacky interviewees, etc. You can google reviews.

Root canal went really well, but Iā€™m totally loopy from the Valium.

Just watched all of the Kominsky Method in one night ā€“ loved it!

Just finished Bodyguard. Iā€™d love another seasonā€¦

Now that I finished it, I really liked Fallet. And itā€™s only 8 30 min episides. Showtime is developing a possible series based on it.

LF following your suggestion earlier, I tried to watch Fallet. I kept falling asleep. I think my laptop watched quite a few episodes without me.

After watching seasons 1-3 of Shetland on Netflix, HAD to get season 4 through our library system! Riveting seasonā€“the actor who played Thomas Malone was unbelievable. Found out he also played Clareā€™s ā€œbodyguardā€ Angus in the early seasons of Outlander.

I donā€™t see a Netlfix free date for season 4 (you can buy it,) but found an announcement itā€™s been renewed for a season 5. :slight_smile:

Escape at Dannemora is very interesting. I had two children at SUNY Plattsburgh at the time, but, thankfully, the convicts chose June, when the college was not in session, to escape. I find it just so outside of my ken that a woman would be attracted to convicts.

The boys hooked up their netflix to my TV and I watched a bunch of episodes of Jack Ryan. I thought it was very engaging, particularly the back story of the Osama bin Ladin character, who I wanted to despise but found myself feeling somewhat sympathetic towards.

ā€œBruce in Broadwayā€ 2 hour show on Netflix Sunday-

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.nytimes.com/2018/12/14/arts/television/springsteen-on-broadway-netflix.amp.html

The Netflix special will be available to stream at 3:01am ET Dec. 16, which is 12:01am Pacific time. The soundtrack album is available today (Dec. 14).

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.billboard.com/amp/articles/columns/rock/8490271/bruce-springsteen-netflix-movie-drops-after-broadway-show-closes

I watched all of The Kominsky Method yesterday. Loved it.

Looking for a few other good ones until tennis season starts again in a few weeks.

My husband and I have started watching Brooklyn 99 on Hulu. Weā€™re only into season 2 (of 5), but itā€™s a fun show with interesting characters. (If you like Parks and Rec, youā€™ll probably like it.) And FYI, Season 6 will be premiering on a new network (NBC) Jan. 10th.