Binge watched tv shows

Just finished season 1 of Derry Girls on Netflix. I really liked it. Funny most of the time with the bitter part of being in Northern Ireland in the 90’s. Turn on sub titles if you have a hard time with accents.

Just watched The Midwife Christmas special. Although I loved visiting with them after so long, I found the episode a bit boring.

I think I’m only up to Ep 4 of Dirty John. Yeah, he’s a sociopath. But it’s not as scary as I thought. In real life, of course. But the writing, so far, is equally about relationships.

Season 2 - The Sinner. Excellent, although not quite as gripping as Season1.

@lookingforward,

Have you listened to the podcast? It was great.

The Hook up plan on Netflix. Very cute. 8 episodes. In French with subtitles or you can choose a dubbed version in English.

@emilybee Saw something about the real case, but haven’t dug further. After this series, maybe.

@lookingforward,

https://www.rollingstone.com/culture/culture-features/dirty-john-inside-hit-l-a-times-podcast-199428/

The Hook Up plan was really enjoyable, super cute.

Has You on Netflix/Lifetime been discussed yet? Creepy but with little enough violence that I could handle it better than many cable shows. D and I binged the whole thing over the holiday break, finishing it up just before midnight on New Year’s eve.

Longmire was a welcome change from the brutality of Narcos and Dogs of Berlin. Since each episode is a complete story we decided to sample other shows too, and now we are hooked on Ozark. Can’t remember if it’s been discussed here. Highly recommend if you enjoy dark humor (very dark at times).

@momsquad Glad to hear you liked Longmire. We enjoy it, too. Although each episode contains a complete story, there are several continuing storylines throughout each season.

Ozark is entertaining! Season 2 takes quite a turn. It has a wonderful cast with Julia Garner as Ruth, as the standout.

I just watched Beautiful Boy on Amazon Prime. Wow.

@oldmom4896 It was all football here, just started Beautiful Boy. The commercials got me, will I be able to handle this?

I’m on a period piece kick for my latest binges: The Last Kingdom (awesome, must-see; “I am Uhtred, son of Uhtred” insider joke for the fans), Versailles (that King Louis is something else), and now I’m going back and forth between Knightfall (The Knights Templar and King Philip of France) and Medici (stars Bodyguard’s David Bud actor…couldn’t resist the Florence back drop).

OAN, ‘You’ with Penn Badgely is worth a mention. The creepy, stalker theme makes it thrilling and the plot twists are fun to keep one guessing. I was able to get my H hooked on it too. Can’t wait for S2!

I enjoyed You too.

S17 introduced me to a Netflix series called “Travelers.” It has Eric McCormack from Will and Grace in it, but nobody else that I ever heard of before. There are three seasons and we watched them all. To sum it up: people from the future come back in time, take over the bodies of people who are about to die and then go around trying to avert disasters and tragedies. I didn’t think I would enjoy it, but I actually did, although part of the allure might have been that my son hung out with me to watch it while on his break from school.

I just started watching “Travelers” too. It is very good and so weird to see Eric McCormack in this role. Very different fro his character in Will and Grace.

It’s a Canadian show filled with Canadian actors, including Eric. :slight_smile:

If you ever get the chance to see him on stage, take it! He’s done a lot of great work in theatre.

Travelers is a fun show.

We just started season two of the Good Place – my husband is not a fan of thriller/blood/cop shows-- along with Suits.