Binge watched tv shows

Can’t wait to start the new season of Grace & Frankie! Right now, I’m wading my way through Breaking Bad. Thankfully, DH is away this week which means I can binge to my heart’s content - sans lazy wife & mom guilt pangs!
Pass the bonbons!

“Money Heist” (Spanish tv show) on Netflix is addictive. We’re watching in Spanish with English subtitles.

Cuckoo is just silly and entertaining–Netflix.
Love Schitt’s Creek!!! It is mostly about the characters–the lots are silly but fun.

Reign on Netflix was so binge worthy for me! I was really hooked on it. Mary Queen of Scots story from her arrival to France and engagement to Francis son of King Henry II and Catherine dé Medici. Highly recommend if you’re into historical period series. The actresses who played Mary, Catherine and Queen Elizabeth were all very good. Because it was a CW show, it plays current music which some may find weird, but it’s typical for CW shows.

I’m now circling back to watch the newly released season 2 of Medici on Netflix. The first season with Richard Madden playing Cosimo Medici was very good.

I watched Cuckoo on Netflix and found it hilarious. But after Adam Samberg (Cuckoo) left, it wasn’t the same for me. I thought his character made the show what it was.

I didn’t finish Reign, but we watched it for a while in real time back when it started, and I loved the music. I remember looking up some of the songs to download. We liked the series, too, but got behind, so we need to go back and watch the rest.

@psychmomma it’s worth finishing now that all 4 seasons are on Netflix. I loved the music too. In one wedding scene, they played a beautiful instrumental version of Love Me Like You Do, a song from Fifty Shades of Grey.

Finished binging Grace and Frankie. I liked it even better than the previous series. There were thought provoking moments.

I liked Reign but also dropped out. It became less interesting in season 3 when a

SPOILERS

…major character died.

Igloo, I agree. I thought this was one of Grace and Frankie’s best seasons. Also fun to bing.

I had never watched Grace and Frankie before, but finally started last night. Binged the whole first season. It’s really funny

Thanks. To those who recommended Schitts -Creek, laugh every episode. Real Life father / son wrote and produced show! Love Dan Levy - David the brother ! Stellar

^ The current season is on Wednesday nights. In our area they show several episodes back to back, so we caught up to the current new episodes. But it’s a killer to only get one new episode each week after binging!

The Informer on Netflix was another Brit winner. Bummed I’m done with it!

Informer looks intriguing, will put that on the list. Just finished season 3 of The Last Kingdom and enjoyed it very much despite the gratuitous gruesome violence. I just close my eyes through the worst of it, and fortunately it’s usually easy to know when something nasty is about to go down. Love the complex relationships that developed over the 3 seasons and very happy they will produce a fourth.

Wish we could find another comedy as witty as Rita, we really miss that show. After Narcos, Ozark and Last Kingdom we are ready to try Peaky Blinders. Maybe we’re just too tired in the evening to watch less action packed shows.

“The Informer on Netflix was another Brit winner. Bummed I’m done with it!”

You mean Amazon right?

We just started Father Brown on Netflix–6 seasons, about 75 episodes. Seems like the British “Murder She Wrote”. Like Cabot Cove Maine, the little Cotswold village where the show takes place has a murder rate many times higher than probably London!!

Not new but worthy watches;
All For One. Even if you aren’t a big cycling fan.
McQueen. Even if you are not a big fashion fan. Just a real human story of a tortured genius.

I don’t know if anyone has mentioned it but I really liked Derry Girls. Unfortunately there is only one season so far.

My daughter made me watch a couple episodes of Derry Girls this weekend! The descriptions hadn’t appealed to me much at all, but the show itself was quite enjoyable. The descriptions somehow failed to convey that the episodes were really short (24 minutes; the whole series is essentially the length of one longish movie) and really hilarious, and that it doesn’t take itself seriously at all.

I enjoyed Derry Girls and was sorry there was only one season.
I really liked Shameless–the character development is fabulous. Many seasons.