Binge watched tv shows

Anyone watching “Taken” on Netflix? It’s a simple superhero type story. Entertaining.

@maya54 I didn’t like Natasha’s character in OITNB but I’ve seen her in theatre performances and in several of her many other roles and have to acknowledge that she is a very talented actor. Did you not like her in OITNB?

One of the reviews I read that others may be interested in:

https://www.nbcnews.com/think/opinion/netflix-s-russian-doll-starring-natasha-lyonne-very-dark-very-ncna966156

@alwaysamom I actually stopped watching OITNB because I find her so unpleasant to watch. I was surprised that enough people feel that way about her that the reviewer specially noted that antipathy torwards her woukd make it difficult to get into Russian Doll for some viewers.

I watched all 8 episodes of Russian Doll on Sunday (no Super Bowl for me). It’s very, very good. But if you don’t like Natasha Lyonne, you won’t like it. Her character is not that far removed from OITNB.

Did anyone see the debut of “Hanna” last night on Amazon Prime? It was really good…now I’m in suspense, as idk when the 2nd one will be released.

^ I thought I saw the whole season comes out in March?

@psychmomma it does but it was advertised during superbowl that for 24 hours, episode one was available to watch. My H and I watched it and we were intrigued enough to go back next month to watch the rest.

I watched it this evening before the 24 hours ran out. It was very compelling - I’ll watch the rest when it comes out, too.

I really liked Hanna too. So much so in fact, tonight I rented the 2011 film the series was based on. It was directed by Joe Wright and stars Saoirse Ronan, Cate Blanchett and Eric Bana. The movie was great…don’t know how I missed this back in 2011.

Finished Vanity Fair. That was a wild ride, in terms of my feelings about the lead. And many of the main characters, too.

I should have known it was based on a book. 1848 William Makepeace Thackeray.

Feels like it ended, with this one season.

I started Russian Doll last night with H. I liked it and he was pretty indifferent to the first two episodes. I guess I will continue to watch without him!

I finally finished Ray Donovan. A nice touch with some James Joyce references and very good to see Alan Alda in his role. I thought they finished the series well.

@OHMomof2 “Finished Vanity Fair. That was a wild ride, in terms of my feelings about the lead. And many of the main characters, too.I should have known it was based on a book. 1848 William Makepeace Thackeray.Feels like it ended, with this one season.”

The book is a classic, and a fun read. The series ends where the book does, and it was announced there would be no season 2.

@crknwk2000 Is the movie also called “Hanna”?

@sunnyschool it is, for rent on Amazon…

Thanks @crknwk2000 - you made my day - going to watch it this evening!

I also sucked down Vanity Fair. It feels a little like a frappachino. Frothy and sweet and probably not good for you.

I don’t know why Vanity fair got so much reviewer hate (maybe just British). I thought it was terrific. It was a fluff piece of it’s time, as it is now. It reminded me of Thomas Hardy, soap operas of the era.

We loved it too - finished the last episodes last night. Now on the hunt for something similar.

@psychmomma let us know if you find something!