Binge watched tv shows

We really liked Love. Agree that the episodes vary, but overall we enjoyed the characters and the ups and downs and the finale was satisfactory.

Has anyone seen Sex Education on Netflix? Funny but quite graphic.

I thought Sex Education was great. Very well done. Definitely R rated.

Just finished Friends from College and would recommend it.

I loved Sex Education but the sex was a bit much at first for me. I got used it the sex after a couple of episodes. I canā€™t wait till next season. Really loved the characters and storylines. My 15 y/o who does not watch teenage romance type shows as Riverdale, 13 Reasons, etc. Wants to know why adults write shows about teenagers have sex. It creeps her outā€¦ Ever Notice the incredible scenery where these shows are filmed? I think that is for us parents. It is our eye candy!!!

" My 15 y/o who does not watch teenage romance type shows as Riverdale, 13 Reasons, etc. Wants to know why adults write shows about teenagers have sex. It creeps her outā€¦

Why? because most teens want to watch it. But I will say this about Riverdale, If you ever want someone to see clear affirmative consent dramatized in a natural and romantic way, I would highly recommend it. Just this week, two character who had been previously only friends did the looking into each others eyes, leaning every closer thing we so often see onscreem, but instead of one just making a move and kisssing the other, he stopped and asked ā€˜Can I kiss you.ā€™ I thought it was very very well done. And many other sex scenes are the same.

We all watched Sex Education together while my daughter was home on winter break (mom, dad, 21 year old, 17 year old) and we all loved it. I think it would have been awkward with a slightly younger teen.

I only watched the first season of Riverdale. I donā€™t remember consent being dramatized much, or at all. (I donā€™t remember anyone not consenting to anything, ever.) I do remember Jughead and Betty smashing things around his trailer, but I donā€™t think either asked, ā€œHey, do you want to take off some of our clothes and see what may or may not support our weight here?ā€ . . .

I just finished Everything Sucks! I hope it has more seasons.

Re-watching all previous seasons of ā€œGame of Thronesā€ in anticipation of Season 8ā€™s debut in April.

I canā€™t believe I never noticed that Ned Stark is/was Boromir from ā€œLord of the Ringsā€!

We just watched Medici season 2. Liked it. Sean Bean is in that also, as Jacopo deā€™ Pazzi. You can look the Pazzis up to see what that role has in common with Boromir and Ned Stark.

I think re the teenager sex thingā€¦it also brings back the excitement of when it was all new and SO EXCITING and SCARY!

@maya54, I am the one who loves watching shows that teenagers and young adults watch. (loved Atypical). My D has zero interest in any of those type of shows. She is not into social medial either. Introvert with introvert boyfriend that take her relationship very slow. I know she is not the typical 15 y/o female by far.

Confession: Iā€™d never watched more than the first few episodes of Firefly before. (My kids would be ashamed if I admitted that to them.) I binged the 1-and-only season and the movie last weekend. Loved it. Sad there wonā€™t be any more to watch of that or Dark Matter. Waiting on the next season of The Expanse, and thankful that Amazon rescued that.

D2 and I are both under the weather so last night we finished watching You. What a creepy show. I guess it was a Lifetime show, but has done so well on Netflix that they (Netflix) are making a second season.

It is creepy but I still enjoyed it.

SHTISEL (on Nextflix) ā€“ funny, touching, compelling ā€“ a family saga set in the ultra-orthodox community in Jerusalem. Totally binge worthy.

^^^^^^. Loved Shtisel. And it isnā€™t discussed directly but itā€™s such an intersting rumination on the intersection of the nature of an artist versus a person driven by religion.

In any event watched the whole thing over one weekend.

Just finished Red Oaks. 3 seasons. Fun show, fun music, fun revisiting the 80s.

We are hooked on ā€œThe Americans.ā€ One season down, five to go!