Binge watched tv shows

I agree about Fleabag, but it was disappointingly short. I want more !

Poldark season 4 is now free to Amazon Prime users.

Am also watching Gentleman Jack and Chernobyl.

We went to Chernobyl last summer. Got some amazing pictures. Beautiful, haunted and creepy all at once. S2 has friends living in that area when it happened and they have all been discussing the series. They are finding out things that were never disclosed by the Soviets and think the show is exceptionally good. The level of detail, they tell S, is astounding in its accuracy. They had no problem with the British accents.

@IxnayBob sadly I heard there won’t be another season of Fleabag since PWB is too, too busy, but another show that she wrote and created that I found endearing is “Crashing.” Just one season available on Netflix.

Ah, at first I thought you meant the US series Crashing, which I liked, but I thought of as Judd Apatow’s. Anyway, I found the Brit Crashing https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Crashing_(UK_TV_series). Added to my Netflix viewing schedule. Thanks :slight_smile:

I am half way through Chernobyl and it is fascinating, yet, unsurprisingly, very grim.

Is anyone watching “When They See Us”? So brutal and infuriating, but so good.

I watched 5 episodes of The Society and still waiting for it to get interesting. The synopsis is interesting but after that it’s been all predictable. Is it worth keeping at it?

^ is it different from The Hundred?

@igloo I stayed with it until the end—the last episodes are better than the earlier ones.

But a shame to have to wait for that, Bromfield. I’m probably not going to finish Killing Eve because it seems daught in the same loop.

Just into episode 2 of Neil Gaiman’s “Good Omens”, based on the book he co-wrote. David Tennant and Michael Sheen are the protagonists and the interplay between them make it a worthwhile watch.

1 Like

Finally signed up with Amazon Prime and started watching Bosch, loving it so far! Glad to have 5 seasons ready and waiting. Anything else good on Amazon?

Just finished “Bitter Daisies” on Netflix. Somewhat predictable kinky ‘who done it’ but the acting is impressive, especially considering the language of the film is Galician (northwest region of Spain). Those who enjoyed the Scandinavian noir shows might enjoy it.

Finally started watching Outlander with H last week. (I’ve only read the first book so far.) I like it and was surprised how much H likes it. It looks like only 2 seasons are on Netflix so hopefully my library has the additional seasons.

We are enjoying HBO’s “Gentleman Jack”.

@momsdream on Amazon Prime, check out, The Marvelous Mrs. Maisel, Catastrophe, Fleabag, Man in the High Castle and Mozart in the Jungle.

I am five episodes into The Society, too. I think it is interesting and well done, although not so interesting or well done as it might have been. Lord of the Flies, with magic cell phones, electricity, and gas, and of course women. And really nice clothes.

I am appreciating how inarticulate the show has made its everyperson leader, how palpable her sense of anger and horror is at having to take responsibility for decisions that absolutely affect people’s lives without anything like adequate information or preparation.

Thank you @katliamom ! Does anyone know how to get closed captioning on Amazon Prime? I need to use our blue ray player to access the app, and can’t find an option to show subtitles. Netflix is much more user friendly, or perhaps we’re still climbing the learning curve for Amazon.

^Click/tap on the right-hand side of the screen :slight_smile:

Netflix is pretty user-friendly. But I wonder, with all their sophistication and AI, if they might possibly be able to notice that I never want subtitles for shows in English, but I always want them for shows in Hindi, Japanese. or Swedish. And adjust the defaults accordingly.

Will give it a try @MYOS1634, but we’re watching on the TV, not mobile device so I’m not sure how to find the right menu item. We use the subtitles for every show now, regardless of language. Once we started using closed captioning we realized we were missing out on a lot of dialogue, in with English language shows. I did find a way to program the remote to easily turn captioning on and off with a single function button, but it only works with Netflix.