Binge watched tv shows

I loved thirtysomething and was solidly in their demographic. Weirdly, I barely remember there were kids in the show at all!

We are belated watching The Americans. For some reason, dh was resistant, but he’s really enjoying it.

I really liked The Americans, but boy, is it intense! I think it gets more serious over the seasons. I kind of missed some of the lighter stuff early on.

Agreed! I am not sure I breathed during the long garage scene in the finale ?

I watched the first episode of Prodigal Son - I don’t see this being a binge for me.

Is Ozark on Season 3 yet? I loved Wentworth (Australian version of OITNB) and Season 3 of Handmaid’s Tale

@Mwfan1921 , I agree! I watched that scene to the end 3 times. That was an amazing finale and acting.

My husband and I finished Longmire recently. We enjoyed the show, even if Walt did get tiresome, and were pleased to see two of the actors in new network shows this season - Lou Diamond Phillips (Henry) is on Prodigal son and Barry Sloane (Zac) is on Bluff City Law.

Bluff City Law and Prodigal Son were good enough in their pilot episodes to keep me watching, at least for a couple more. Walking Dead fans will recognize Tom Payne (Jesus) as the Prodigal Son lead. Michael Sheen is also in it. Lots of talented actors!

Barry Sloane was alaso in Revenge.

Cady is the one I dislike, in Longmire. And I notice that, as the series progressed via Netflix, seems they change writers often. Sigh, so much for some continuity of approach.

I just started Game of Thrones. Four episodes in. I guess it’s ok.

Hahahahahahaha! JK.

Persisted with Offspring, and it seems to be OK as long as I don’t expect too much.

Bake Off is really odd this season, they seem to have scraped together a fair few people who have no idea about baking, and are short on personality, and the themes are so contrived. The Indian sweets (nice try) all looked vile, the 20’s theme was dumb as a box of rocks, the people sent home on the last show was just odd, there seemed to be worse bakers for sure. It really might be nailing it’s own coffin.

Survivor, (other than the season hook, ugh) looks promising. A good selection of chubby non athletes mixed in. They all look pretty normal, no stand out bikini/budgie smuggler poseurs.

I just started Unbelievable with Toni Collette; the first episode is a little slow but it gets better. it is a true story about a young girl who is a victim of rape, she is coerced by the police, into a confession that it did not happen…

Watched the first episode of “The Politician” last night. A little strange - I’ll have to watch the second episode and see what I think. There are only 8 episodes altogether.

^^ I watched 1/2 of the first episode last night! Didn’t stop watching cause I didn’t like it just ran out of tv time. I’m still intrigued…but we’ll see. This is dumb but I was having a hard time buying that the two guys were running for HIGH SCHOOL student body president - they did not look like high schoolers! None of the cast did!

@abasket, the episode got weirder in the second half!

We loved “Longmire”. Love the characters. I was sad it ended. It was like we had lost friends.

I wish there’d be a sequel for “Sisters”.

Just finished the first season of Game of Thrones. Oh my, this will be a fun ride.

@VaBluebird Isn’t the new Fox show “Almost Family” an American version of “Sisters,” assuming you’re referring to the Australian show? I haven’t seen that mentioned anywhere, but the plot, from the short previews for the show, seems identical.

When I referred to Sisters, it was the US show with Sela Ward and others. 1991-1996.

Like Thirtysomething 1987-91, it was a moment in time. Not easy to repeat our fascination, 30 years later.

Oh, wow, I forgot about that Sisters. Does it stream anywhere?

"Bluff City Law and Prodigal Son were good enough in their pilot episodes to keep me watching, at least for a couple more. "

Agree. Watched both 2nd eps last night, still enjoying both.

Decided to start Chernobyl. Very depressing (obviously), not yet hooked. Part way through ep 3, fell asleep. We’ll see.

The Deuce has been back for a few weeks, love how to show brings in all the political stuff that was going in NYC (and nationally) at that time.