Binge watched tv shows

Subtitles do help with Peaky Blinders!

Just finished The Politician. Canā€™t wait for the next season! Love Peaky Blinders but Iā€™ll wait until S is home so we can watch together.

Iā€™ve watched three episodes and it is very well done. I found the first episode infuriating. That poor girl. More tonight but after the hockey game!

@bgbg4us

I think Americans was on Amazon Prime. (if not then itā€™s Netflix).

Where is Chernobyl?

@sunnyschool HBO (or with the HBO add-on to Hulu)

@OHMomof2 I have Hulu - how do you add on HBO? Is there a cost?

Yes there is a cost - and a one week free trial :slight_smile: https://www.hulu.com/hbo

Nightmare indeed. I can only imagine. It was scary enough just watching it. But it was really good, IMO.

ā€œGoliathā€ is back on Prime. Weā€™ve watched two new episodes.

I canā€™t get the theme song from The Politician out of my head.

(Chicago by Sufjan Stevens)

@doschicos and @momo2x2018 I watched one episode of Peaky Blinders on oldest sonā€™s recommendation. Found it hard to get through the first episode and ene when he said Tom Hardy that didnā€™t bring me back!

@bgbg4us maybe weā€™ll try Succession, we have HBO. We thought maybe too similar to one of our favorites, Billions on Showtime?

@OHMomof2 We are halfway through The Politician, how does Ryan Murphy, Brad and Ian come up with these stories? We watched Glee and first season of AHS. Great cast.

@3sonsmom Good question!

The Politician reminded me of 13 Reasons Why, a bit. and yes, Glee too (which I didnā€™t really like, TBH).

@3sonsmom - you should give Peaky Blinders another look. It gets MUCH better.

@OHMomof2 We didnā€™t watch 13 Reasons and Glee was going to be one episode for me. It was on a few seasons and when I heard a Saturday Night Fever episode was done, I had to see it! Loved it and we went back and watched the full series.

@eb23282 maybe we will try Peaky Blinders again

Iā€™m finally getting around to watching the Country Music series. I didnā€™t realize how much of country music I had absorbed growing up in Texas!

One story: A man who attended my familyā€™s church when I was growing up was named Merwyn ā€œBuffā€ Buffington. This church was very strict - no dancing, drinking, rock and roll or honky tonk music, etc. But Buff loved to tell the story about how, before he was saved, he taught Ernest Tubb how to play the guitar and got him started in his career. Buff also played guitar on some of Tubbā€™s records. I googled him and found him - heā€™s in the second paragraph - https://birthplaceofwesternswing.com/tubb.html Oh, how I wish I had asked Buff for more stories!

Well Raising Dion (Netflix) was interesting! I watched it over the past few days - one season so far, nine episodes. Supernatural stuff, human stuff, enjoyed the characters. Even the one who turned out not to be who i thoughtā€¦

The starring actor is only 8 years old - which is actually the age of his character (ā€œalmost 8ā€). He talks like heā€™s 40.

Season 5 of Schittā€™s Creek is now on Netflix and itā€™s been renewed for a sixth and final season. Itā€™s a nice comedy that gets better as it goes.

The latest season of GLOW was even better. I dreaded watching it thinking Iā€™d be disappointed, or it would be repeat of same tricks that get old by season 3.

Watching the most recent (and last?) season of The Affair. All I can say is - Anna Paquin! Sheā€™s a great addition, and the peek into the future, 30 years ahead, seems just right.

Any newish Euro Noir to recommend? Iā€™ve watched so much already.
Theyā€™re making a season 3 of Trapped.