Binge watched tv shows

Anyone else who was still watching The Affair? The series finale was last night. I loved this show, even though it has definite flaws and the characters are frequently hard to like. The writing and acting were consistently good in the majority of episodes and I loved this final season and how it reached its full circle in the story.

Modern Love is on my list to watch. Iā€™m lucky if I watch much more than an hour of tv a day so it takes me forever to get through anything!

I am rewatching The Office. I actually never watched the series, just random episodes here and there. Jenna Fisher (Pam) and Angela Kinsey (Angela) started a weekly podcast where they review an episode - starting with the pilot - and share fun facts and behind the scenes info about the episode. Itā€™s fun and interesting!

+1 to Modern Love and The Haunting of Hill House. Enjoyed both completely different series.

Has anyone mentioned The Great British Baking Show? I honestly thought I would hate it but ended up watching all the seasons in the span of 1.5 weeksā€¦I got attached to the contestants and loved watching them try to bake all of the food!
Love Schittā€™s Creek, I think itā€™s a genius show. The politician was great but the ā€œstudentsā€ are definitely too old.

@alwaysamom - Iā€™m still watching. I started the finale and will finish it tomorrow. Then we can dish!

Great British Baking Show has has a lot of traction on CC. A few season have had their own thread. Iā€™m a big fan.

Tried The Unlisted but seeing ā€œ12 year oldsā€ who look 16 took me out of the show. They could have made them high school students it wouldnā€™t have changed the general message.

I watched the first 3 episodes of Modern Love when visiting D & SIL last month while they were out of the house. I really enjoyed it. I hear the 4th episode is the best (Tina Fey/John Slattery), but I just couldnā€™t stay awake that long.

Just finished Modern Love. Really touching.

Yes, the end of The Affair! Iā€™m so glad I hung on for five seasons. I felt the script got off track a bit sometimes, but overall one of my favorite series. I for one thought the series finale was wonderful.

Line of Duty is good. But maybe the sort of binge for when youā€™re snowbound.

Recently watched Modern Love, the 2nd season of Kominsky Method and am part way through Season 5 of Schittā€™s Creek. I recommend all and you can tell what type of shows I like! Only episode of Modern Love I didnā€™t like was the younger woman / older man she wants to be like her Dad one. And that may partly because it was Kimmy from The Americans and that was too familiar a role.

@ā€œone+twoā€ I also thought that was the weakest episode.

Those that watched Modern Love, I didnā€™t understand why that one couple in the last episode acted as if they had never met? Did I miss something?

I took it as a reference to the timing of the last episode vs other episodes.

The Washington Post reviewer gave Modern Love a terrible review,https://www.washingtonpost.com/entertainment/tv/the-modern-love-tv-show-is-just-like-the-newspaper-column-sweet-self-centered-and-nauseating/2019/10/15/8f7225da-eb95-11e9-9306-47cb0324fd44_story.html. That really put me off it, but many people IRL and here are recommending it, so Iā€™m going to give it a try.

Do you think there might be a little rivalry between the Washington Post and the New York Times?

I havenā€™t heard a single negative comment from anyone who has watched it. Just this morning, a woman said we have to watch the rest of the episodes.

I watched the first episode of modern love and it was pretty lame. If that was enough to judge the series, I wouldnā€™t watch another. Very twee. 2nd one though, is more engaging, and I will watch Fey and Slattery for sure. Why they didnā€™t lead with the best?

If they lead with the best itā€™s all downhill after that! I think itā€™s much like when a musical artist releases an album - first release is a song to grab your attention and interest and perhaps set the tone for the album - but not necessarily the lead/title song of the album.