Binge watched tv shows

Been watching Atypical and loving it!

I don’t even pay attention to the streaming site for each show. We have an Amazon Firestick. I say, “A French Village,” and it comes up. :slight_smile:

DH and I watched the first episode of A French Village. Wow, is the rest of the series as intense? It was too much for my husband, since he is 1/4 Jewish and knows he lost relatives during the Holocaust.

Yes. It’s very true to life. It is intense, outrageous, sad, and (rarely) uplifting but there’s no gratuitous violence. Everything happened. This is how people lived, survived. (I always remember this because of “surrender monkeys”).
It’s worth it to understand what happened in Europe between 1939 and 1946. Hang on.

@MYOS1634 yes, I agree with you. DH said, though, that after a long day of work, he wants to relax and he can’t do it watching this series. I will just watch it while he’s still working!

To me, there were enough “soapy”/drama elements embedded that it was a historical fiction not a documentary. For instance, before the Germans arrived, the doctor’s marriage was in trouble and there was no love lost between him and his brother. The Nazi occupation doesn’t make everyone like one another, quite the opposite. Those trying to buy land or make deals continue wanting to grow their business, German occupation or not.
But, yes, I understand that it’s not quite “relaxing”.

Blew through The Crown in 3 days
 desperately trying to pace myself from staying up too late!! It was very hard to like the new actors. Olivia Coleman was all right, but they really got it wrong with Anthony Snowden. He was very handsome and not much older than Margaret. The new actor practically looked like an older uncle or something.

Thanks for the mention above of Le Village. I’m now hooked on that and definitely would not have found that series scrolling around by myself.

Technically, this isn’t a binge - but I am really enjoying “His Dark Materials.” Love the actress playing Lyra, and the CGI work with the daemons is so good!

Loved the 3rd season of Atypical. This show hits me with the good feels very much like The Great British Bake Off.

@coralbrook, I’ve already finished The Crown, also. I sure wish the season had been longer! It seemed to fly by faster than the previous two. I like Oliva. :slight_smile:

I am saving The Crown to watch with my D when she comes home for xmas. Hope it is good.

^I like how the show involves historical events that I never heard of! I enjoy Googling them afterwards to learn how accurate the episodes are. The one about the Welsh mining disaster was particularly poignant.

@BingeWatcher YES! Same with me, after binging the GBBO, I found Atypical. Now what to watch??? My D is home from college this week so we are watching some Disney plus movies etc. Next week I will need to start looking for a new binge.

For all the fans of the Danish show Rita, a new season will air in 2020. I loved the show and thought it was over for good, so this is great news. It’s co-produced with Netflix, so I hope it will be available with subtitles at the same time it airs in Denmark. Use the translate function in Chrome to get a general idea of the article. Its translated title is “RITA SMACKS HER SLEEVES AND OPENS HER OWN LITTLE SCHOOL” :slight_smile:

https://omtv2.tv2.dk/nyhedsartikler/nyhedsvisning/rita-smoeger-aermerne-op-og-aabner-sin-egen-lilleskole/?fbclid=IwAR2oqvHgeofsk9YeYCgxpOeF-NPsdLHoF32mb3XCKQRh0DD4T0-6mvPHahc

^ thanks for that update, I, also enjoyed Rita !!!

H and I finally watched Chernobyl over the long weekend. It was a great show, but very intense.

Rita!!!
Thanks!
MYTHOMANIAC is super fun, subtitle, Netflix
It is about a woman who tells her husband she has breast cancer when she does not. The family will not believe her when she confesses.
Fun and entertaining.

Loving the new CBS show about a new judge, former prosecutor: All Rise.

MYTHOMANIAC - Netflix - blew through that, this weekend! A bit slow in places, but overall, well done and entertaining. I could so relate to Elvira (the mom); my how many times I thought of 'disappearing; - LOL!

@Barbalot , thanks for the Rita update! Very excited, I loved that show. Now on to check out mythmaniac!