Binge watched tv shows

Mrs Maisel is pretty fun this season, though i could do with less of her top-of-the-bill group singing.

Casketeers (mentioned up-thread) is very unexpected. Really heartwarming.

MYTHOMANIAC–are more seasons on the way???

I am 6/8 through Mrs. Maisel and am so in love with the Miami Beach outfits, especially the dress when she arrives at the Fountainbleu. The set designs have been fabulous.

Right now, it’s Greenleaf! It reminds me of a 2000s version of 1980s Dallas!

Virgin River on Netflix. Where has Martin Henderson been? I guess I haven’t watched the shows he’s been in. I hope there will be another season.

Blew through Mrs Maisel in two nights with my daughter. Only 8 episodes, just not enough!! I noticed that there were very expensive sets and location shoots, and clothes. But, this season there were a lot of musical acts taking up time, and I was dying for more plot. Susie was hilarious

@coralbrook put it exactly as I would. Too little, too much singing, fantastic sets and costumes, love the story, wanted more.

I hate the short seasons. The Crown just flew by.

Agree, @Sybylla, Casketeers is “unexpected” and in many ways. Who could even come up with this idea? It’s charming and quirky and despite the subject, an easy watch.

so we just got through two seasons of MindHunter on Netflix.
I really really liked it and looked forward to watching the two seasons that are out.

it’s based on true events - how the FBI starting profiling serial killers in the 70s. But it’s not a documentary -rather a show with characters showing their lives while they get into the minds of killers. It’s creepy, fascinating, and non-gory.

Almost 180 pages on this thread! Yikes!

I’m looking for a short series for my D2 and I to watch while she is home from break. We will watch Maisel.

Past series we have liked are Maisel, Atypical, Dead To Me, Big Little Lies, The Politician. Nothing too suspenseful. Probably nothing with more than a season or two.

Any suggestions???

@abasket, have you watched the newest season of Atypical? It’s just as good as the first two. Another series that’s fun to watch is The Good Place if you haven’t seen it. The first three seasons are on Netflix.

Yes to all of those. Already watched. :slight_smile: ^^^^

@abasket Have you watched Fleabag? 2 seasons, episodes are short. My 23 yo D, my H and I all liked it. Took me a few episodes to really get into it.

Don’t for get the Ozark on Netflix, Sneaky Pete and Goliath on Amazon prime. They are excellent shows!

Couldn’t get into Maisel. My wife really liked it though. We both liked Mindhunter, and are looking forward to Season 3. Almost afraid to see where they take the story line with Agent Tench’s son.

Just started watching Virgin River and so far it seems like a good show!

^ I finished Virgin River and really liked it, too!

I wrestled with Dirty John, but it was very Hallmark channel ish. I was having such a hard time with Connie Britain’s acting. Is the character supposed to be so passive? The whole thing was just flat. Eric Bana is usually a fave. Maybe it is just for the fans of the podcast.