Binge watched tv shows

I did not like Dirty John (Dateline was better!). I found the daughters to be extremely aggravating, and the lead actress was so unbelievable, she was drippy.

Is nobody watching Greenleaf? You don’t know what your missing!

@ams5796 Have you watched the new season of You yet? I started tonight and likely will finish this weekend. I’m really not a fan of this kind of dark thriller in general but Greg Berlanti just knows how to tell a story. His ability to tell a story is the reason I like Arrow even though I have zero interest in Superhero stuff.

I watched Dateline show first and just watched Dirty John. Dateline did seem more realistic, but I really wanted to shake the mother then too. Really, WHAT was she thinking?

I’m watching The Loudest Voice. Saw Bombshell XMAS Day so want to compare the two.

@emilybee : so, your verdict?

@MYOS1634

My impression from the movie is confirmed by the series - even though I am only a few episodes in.

He was a vile, disgusting pig of a man and that place is extremely toxic and horrid work environment. Plus, so many sycophants. And his wife is as sick as he was.

I can count on one hand the number of times I watched that channel so I learned a lot of stuff (like the glass desks) I had no idea about.

After finishing the series I’m going to read the book.

Thanks @emilybee

Just finished binge watching Succession last night - I wasn’t so sure for the first few episodes but ended up loving it. The season 2 finale was stellar imo.

We really watched some great TV this past year. Our two favorites were Fleabag and Succession. Then the rest -

Unbelievable
Catastrophe
Jack Ryan
Schitt’s Creek (we started late, lots of laughs)
You (yay Season 2 ready)
The Crown and The Affair (those 2 I watch alone!)
Friends From College (season 2 much better then it was cancelled)
Mindhunter
Bodyguard
Killing Eve
Doctor Foster
After Life

Our most recent finished first season show is Virgin River on Netflix. Feels like Northern Exposure, Everwood, Men in Trees. Hope Ozark another season in 2020.

@twoinanddone
Dirty John is great! Have 2 more episodes and I’m in suspense…have a good guess but it’s a crazy story…and agree…the mom is so naive!!

Did not realize Dateline had covered this…I will have to find that!

I finished the Ken Burns/Lynn Novick series “College Behind Bars” yesterday. I expected good things, but it was powerful beyond what I could have imagined. So much to process about the value of education in rehabilitation, forgiveness, and redemption.

I watched the first two episodes of Fleabag. I currently am not understanding the love. Should I keep investing time in it? So far it just seems like a sex obsessed young lady living her sex obsessed life.

^I didn’t either so am interested in the answer.

@abasket and MYOS1634 I can only explain my reaction to the show. The lead actress grabbed me, her relationship with her sister, father and step-mom, glimpses with her former friend. The show was different from what I’d seen. I do have a soft spot for the British shows/humor. The grief and aftermath storyline, addressing the audience, the difficult dating humor. Can you tell I’m biased? And I can say the second season elevates the show to another level with an awesome addition to the cast.

Virgin River is good. Starts a little slow but gets better and better.

We are currently watching Hell on Wheels. Not sure how we missed this series. We are mid season 4 out of 5. Watching with H and 21 year old son. We all are really enjoying it.

I almost didn’t keep watching Fleabag after I watched the first episode. It took me 3 or 4 episodes to get really hooked. I was sorry when it ended. More is revealed as it progresses that go deeper than it seems in the first few episodes.

I’d suggest keep going. It gets more deep as it goes on but remains quirky.

We just finished the 3rd season of Mrs. Maisel. I still find it entertaining but thought this season was a huge drop off from seasons 1 and 2. I didn’t enjoy the plot line as much. Too much of the Sophie Lennon character. Too much focus on style of the period without much of a storyline for my taste.

^^^ I don’t disagree with this. I felt like we just stalled until the last couple of episodes. Wasn’t sure where anything was going with anybody.

I really don’t like the Sophie storyline. I love the parts with Midge’s parents. I feel like the last two episodes or so finally moved along with some solid content but was then disappointed to be done with the season. I do love the period settings, clothing and all but not at the expense of content.