Binge watched tv shows

Also started watching Fleabag this week, 3 episodes. I kept saying I wasn’t sure about this show. But I find the lead actor quirky enough to keep watching. My hopes are it keeps getting better as everyone says.

When They See Us. Everyone should watch this one. I kept putting it off since I knew it would be painful to watch. I was a mess at the very end.

“The Morning Show” - lots of layers to this story, nuanced, stellar acting by Jennifer, Reese, Steve Carall, Billy Crudup was mesmerizing,
Watched on Apple TV, free week then $5 month.

How is everyone liking Fleabag, those who have started and we’re unsure like me? We are on Season 2, episode 3 and really really enjoying. I’ve even had some LOL moments, which I typically don’t when watching TV.

I googled the main actress. She is one talented young lady. She wrote and co-produced Fleabag, as well as wrote Killing Eve ! She’s currently co-writing the new 2020 James Bond film. Quite an accomplished professional. Writes and acts in her own shows and produces and writes others.

That look of hers when she looks at the camera just cracks me up. I wish I could have that humor in a lot of situations instead of getting angry or annoyed.

My comments from post 3633 (I liked it from the first episode after wondering for quite a while if I should watch it):

I loved Fleabag and I love Phoebe Waller-Bridge. She seems to be a nice person too. Obama picked her show as one of his favorites of 2019 which is really funny considering how the pilot episode begins. She mentions that fact in one of her awards acceptance speeches in such a funny way. She said something like “Obama said our show was one of his favorites. I want him to know that he’s always been one of my favorites.” Then she said it was an inside joke that had to do with the pilot episode. I can’t wait to see some of her future work. I heard the “hot priest” interviewed and he said that he and Phoebe are working on something together. Love him too!

@conmama and @Marilyn I loved Fleabag from the first episode. It was so different, the family dynamics, Olivia Coleman, post traumatic issues, the twist in Season 1. Second season was brilliant and Adam Scott, the best! I had to stop myself from ordering a tote for myself at Christmas “Introverted but willing to discuss Fleabag”. Should have bought the bag.

Andrew Scott? Not that I don’t love Adam Scott…

Just finished Season 2 of Sex Education. Definitely explicit but so many good characters and messages in the show.

@marilyn I praised the wrong Scott! Love Adam in movies and Parks and Rec. Andrew as the priest in Fleabag, of course!

I just finished Longmire. It took a while for it to really get my attention, but I ended up liking it very much. Catching up on The Walking Dead, season 9. It surprised me mid season. Now I’m watching Dirty John. Oh boy. It feels like I’m watching a slow motion train wreck.

I was getting a little tired of Grace and Frankie but I watched the new season anyway. I really liked it. It seemed to have a new spark.

I’m uncertain about this season of Grace & Frankie. Intend to like it, by the end. But it’s a different tone.

I’m halfway through season 1 of After Life with Ricky Gervais on Netflix. Really enjoying it. Definitely dark, but entertaining. Season 2 is sometime this year.

I’m re-watching Ally McBeal on Hulu. I forgot how funny that show was! H and I are really enjoying it for a second time, 23 years later!

I just finished “the stranger” on Netflix. Very well done.

^ I just finished The Stranger a few days ago - enjoyed it, too!

We’re just finishing Season 3 of Goliath Billy Bob Thornton is really, a very good actor.

I really didn’t care for him during his Angelina days…now, I think he’s great!

Highly recommended: CHEER, on Netflix. It’s a documentary about a champion college competitive cheer team from Texas. I’m not into cheerleading or know much about it, but this is totally addictive, moving, funny, and enlightening. Really a first class series. Warning, you’ll fall in love with some of its standouts.

^^^ I have been wanting to add Cheer to my watch list.